Trusted Contributor

I'm doing some scoping out of audio books. Just wondering for those of you who purchase your own (vs library), what type of device do you have to download audio books? Thanks in advance for all responses.

Super Contributor

I always use the overdrive app and borrow from library. If you have Audible thru Amazon Prime, they have some free audiobooks too.

Super Contributor

Re: Audio book question

[ Edited ]

iTunes & Audible desktop manager

I listen to the Audible books on the Audible apps on my iPads and iTouch and the Audible manager

I listen to the iTunes books on the iBooks apps on my iPads and iTouch and iTunes on my desktop

OverDrive books are free books via your local library (some libraries have other similar free book services).  I listen to the OverDrive books on OverDrive on my desktop and OverDrive apps on my iPads & iTouch and my two Sony MP3 players.

I borrow library audiobook CDs and Playaway players

Respected Contributor

I downloaded the Audible app onto my iPhone. I love it. I listen while I walk. It's great motivation to get out there and get to the ending of my book 

Super Contributor

I love taking what I call the "scenic route" to wherever I am going in my car.  The shortest route gets me there too fast when I am hooked on a very interesting book.

Honored Contributor

I use the Audible app on my iPhone. I don't have Bluetooth in my car, but I have an audio jack, charger, and docking station so I can connect my phone to my car audio and play my book, podcasts, music over the car speakers.

I have several Bluetooth speakers around my home and I use those to listen while I'm showering, cooking, changing bed linens, etc.

Respected Contributor

I joined Audible.com (a division of Amazon).  I download to my Kindle and use earphones or plug in to my car jack to listen to audio books. I have both WiFi and whispernet on my Kindle.  I paid more money for both features on my Kindle. I could also download to my I Phone etc with the Audible App.  I find it convenient to listen to audio books as I can do double duty while exercising, driving, even working in my home.  Joining Audible was an excellent choice for me.