Respected Contributor

Any KINDLE Junkies here?

[ Edited ]

I lost the Kindle I bought 15 years ago.  

I am so upset.  I just can't find it!  Woman Sad

Does anyone have any recommendations?

I watched a YT video on the latest Kindles (2021 & 2022)

but the guy just confused me ...

plus he talked too much.  I mean geez!  

My old one was so SIMPLE.  

Any feedback is appreciated.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Any KINDLE Junkies here?

@RinaRina wrote:

@RinaRina , I'm on my 5th Paperwhite. Now to explain, I was worried that I was losing battery life, but actually I'm still using 3, 4, and 5. I agree that the early models were more user friendly, but they are all pretty easy. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@RinaRina 

I have a Kindle Fire and I am mad about it.  I had a Kindle before.  Now a Kindle Fire for 2 years.  I can't get into it.  I have dozens of books on it that I cannot read because I don't have a passcode.  I never had one.  Now they require one and they say if I set one up now that doesn't match what they have, I will destroy all my books.  I have probably $500 of books on there not t mention other things (tablet stuff).  I don;'t know what to do until my son, the IT guy, can fix it.

Respected Contributor

I bought a new larger Kindle from Amazon.  I also bought a case to put it in.  It is a bit different to use than my old one but I'm used to it now.  

Honored Contributor

I'm on my 2nd Kindle Paperwhite and have been for a long time. I would never have one without a case. I will likely need to upgrade at some point but I treat this one like gold, keep it charged and in the case. I love it.

Respected Contributor

I must be a kindle junkie because I have 2 Kindle Fires and 3 Kindles. 

I've had the Kindle Voyage the longest (it's my favorite, but they don't make it anymore).  It was the most like the old kindles, simple to use. 

My husband has the Paperwhite and I'm not crazy about the navigation on it. But most people love it, especially if that's all you've ever had. 

Now I also have the Oasis (the most expensive), which I bought because I was afraid my Voyage would eventually die (it hasn't).  The navigation is similar to the Paperwhite but I like it better.  It also has the page turn buttons in addition to the touch screen. 

I also have 2 Kindle Fires.  I don't need a passcode on either one.  You can read on them, but I use them more as a tablet.  And with Spectrum Cable, I can put their app on the Fire, and watch tv anywhere in the house.  You do need wi fi for all my kindles.  

If price is no object, I'd get the Oasis.  Otherwise get one of the Paperwhites.  I think there are two different sizes.  I have cases for all my kindles and I do recommend you get a case.

Trusted Contributor

Just a thought, but if you have an iPad you don't need a Kindle.  You can add the Kindle app and dowload all your books to that. 

Honored Contributor

For reading I have a Kindle Oasis, a Paperwhite Signature (newest and you couldn't get simpler than this), and an IPad Mini, which is great too.

I wouldn't want to read off of a full-sized IPad, but love all three of the above mentioned.

Respected Contributor

I abandoned my Kindle and read/listen to all my books on my iPhone.  You just load the Kindle app and one less device to keep track of. 

Regular Contributor

I love reading on my kindle - I purchased a Kindle fire. My old one had a cracked screen and couldnt see a thing on it. 

I have a ton of books on my Kindle app on my phone, from my 1 kindle - but the font is too small and I want to transfer them to my new kindle but dont know how - Someone said its not compatable because it was an older kindle model.   I need to make friends with an IT person Smiley Wink Tech is fustrating to me.  I am an artist and use canvas and paintbrush - very renaissance 14- 15th century LOL. 

MY love of reading lots of books is on par with my love of my kindle housing them all.

I dont know if this answered your question or not - just sharing my love of my Kindle.  Smiley Very Happy