Respected Contributor

A Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve - Review

Book was quick read - but felt the end of the book felt rushed like she didn't quite know how to end it, just wanted it over - too many unanswered questions.  I'll give it a 7 out of 10. 

Super Contributor

Re: A Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve - Review

[ Edited ]

I loved the Pilot's Wife when I listened to it many years ago.  A few years after the book was first published, a TV movie was produced.  Anita changed the ending for that movie.  I prefer the book's ending.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Esteemed Contributor

This was my first Anita Shreveport book, and I loved it. Now you can read all the rest of them!
"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

@sunala wrote:
This was my first Anita Shreveport book, and I loved it. Now you can read all the rest of them!

Didn't realize that her last name was changed to SHREVEPORT.  Cat Very Happy  I enjoyed this book but not some of her others.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I loved listening to The Last Time They Met.  That ending was quite a shock!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SWEET wrote:

@sunala wrote:

Didn't realize that her last name was changed to SHREVEPORT.  Cat Very Happy  I enjoyed this book but not some of her others.

@SWEET- Bwaaahahahahaha I don't know how that happened. I was posting from my phone and I guess it suggested Shreveport and so it posted that way hahahahahaha

I don't think I'll fix it. It's too funny Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mollybgood wrote:

I loved the Pilot's Wife when I listened to it many years ago.  A few years after the book was first published, a TV movie was produced.  Anita changed the ending for that movie.  I prefer the book's ending.

@mollybgood- that may not be Anita Shreve's fault. Sometimes when a book is optioned for a movie, the screenwriters can change anything, as they know much more about what works on the screen. I don't know how much input the author has, but I don't think it's very much.

Respected Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@sunala wrote:

@SWEET- Bwaaahahahahaha I don't know how that happened. I was posting from my phone and I guess it suggested Shreveport and so it posted that way hahahahahaha

I don't think I'll fix it. It's too funny Woman LOL

You must have been thinking of SHREVEPORT, LA?  LOL.  It probably was that stupid autocorrect on phones.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunala wrote:

@mollybgood wrote:

@mollybgood- that may not be Anita Shreve's fault. Sometimes when a book is optioned for a movie, the screenwriters can change anything, as they know much more about what works on the screen. I don't know how much input the author has, but I don't think it's very much.

@sunala

In this case, it was Anita's doing. Apparently many of her readers were upset because she allowed Kathryn to sort of forgive Robert for his deception way too soon.

Esteemed Contributor

@mollybgood wrote:

@sunala wrote:

@mollybgood wrote:

@sunala

In this case, it was Anita's doing. Apparently many of her readers were upset because she allowed Kathryn to sort of forgive Robert for his deception way too soon.

@mollybgood- I read this book when it first came out, and I barely remember any of it. I know I enjoyed it because I gave it a bunch of stars. Now I'm going try to find the movie, and see if I can remember what was different about it. Thanks for the heads up!