Esteemed Contributor

Re: A Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve - Review

@SWEET wrote:

@sunala wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

@sunala wrote:
This was my first Anita Shreveport book, and I loved it. Now you can read all the rest of them!

Didn't realize that her last name was changed to SHREVEPORT.  Cat Very Happy  I enjoyed this book but not some of her others.

@SWEET- Bwaaahahahahaha I don't know how that happened. I was posting from my phone and I guess it suggested Shreveport and so it posted that way hahahahahaha

I don't think I'll fix it. It's too funny Woman LOL

You must have been thinking of SHREVEPORT, LA?  LOL.  It probably was that stupid autocorrect on phones.

@SWEET- it was definitely autocorrect grrrrrr but yet, it's funny lol

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunala wrote:

@mollybgood- I read this book when it first came out, and I barely remember any of it. I know I enjoyed it because I gave it a bunch of stars. Now I'm going try to find the movie, and see if I can remember what was different about it. Thanks for the heads up!

@sunala

I have Pilot's Wife on all of my Kindle apps.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Frequent Contributor

If you enjoyed A Pilot's Wife,  you might also enjoy --  as another Poster suggested  --

"I realize that it's historical fiction but THE AVIATOR'S WIFE by Melanie Benjamin was very enlightening to me. It's written  from the viewpoint of Anne Morrow Lindbergh.

Read the two books myself and found it quite an interesting combination.   Also,  a biography of Charles Lindbergh explains  what many consider  major contributions to the aviation industry.  Thank You

Super Contributor

@SeattleShopper1 wrote:

If you enjoyed A Pilot's Wife,  you might also enjoy --  as another Poster suggested  --

"I realize that it's historical fiction but THE AVIATOR'S WIFE by Melanie Benjamin was very enlightening to me. It's written  from the viewpoint of Anne Morrow Lindbergh.

Read the two books myself and found it quite an interesting combination.   Also,  a biography of Charles Lindbergh explains  what many consider  major contributions to the aviation industry.  Thank You

@SeattleShopper1

I enjoyed listening to the book featuring AML about 4 years ago.

♥chocolate lover ♦ audiobook junkie♥
Trusted Contributor

My book club meets Monday to discuss this book.  I liked how it was written using flashbacks, etc., but I was really discussed by the deception of the husband.  And I had no sympathy for the other woman.