Honored Contributor

Re: what is the longest working beauty product you have stuck with?

[ Edited ]

I did my research and found that isomers was, to me, the most clinically sound product I could use, particularly at that time.  (@12 years ago)

Still use and love their products and their philosophy.

* WEN ~ 5 years in January! Heart

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

The only skincare products which I am still faithfully using and have been for more than ten years are Borghese Advanced Spa Lift for Eyes, and Philosophy PurityMade Simple and Microdelivery Wash.  Astara Masks deserves a mention because for the past 20 years I have frequently gone to that brand when buying masks.  

I picked up the Borghese at a department store more than 20 years ago. At the time I was using Principal Secret, but never cared for Victoria's eye creams/gels.  I was 40, but with no wrinkles at the time, did not want a heavy eye cream.  I liked the way the Spa Lift felt and it had a lightening effect on the little darkness I had, so that no concealer was required.  The cream and foundation did the job.   Moving forward 20 years, I have learned that it is a fine eye cream for fighting wrinkles, and still does an excellent job combating undereye darkness.  The company has changed ownership a few times in this period, but the product formula seems to be the same.

I walked past Philosophy countless times in stores before taking the plunge.  I made my first purchase through QVC.  It was listening to Cristina address cleansing which sold me.  I can't help myself, so I do try other cleansers and scrub washes.  I always come back to the Philosophy because the two products work for me.  Furthermore, the 32oz sizes sold by QVC is a great value.  The math is I'd spend at least $40 to get 32 ounces of the better drugstore cleansers (among the ones I would use).  Their price is usually at least $10 for 8 to 10 ounces (some are more).  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bellabutterfly wrote:

Sara44-  

For me, it has been "Oil of Olay".  I use the daily moisture every day and the "Oil of Olay Night Cream" every night.

I started using it when I was 17 yrs thanks to my Grannie.

I am in my mid Fifties and have zero wrinkles.  In fact, I was just in the hospital and the nurses all thought I look early 30's...Couldn't believe I was mid 50's...I'll take that!

My Grandmother died in 1997 at the age of 95 yrs old. She was an "Oil of Olay" user and as God is my witness she had zero wrinkles.  A beautiful lady inside and out!   

@Bellabutterfly, that's quite a testimony.  Woman LOL  

Oil of Olay makes many different formulas now.  What specific ones do you use? There are literally dozens of Oil of Olay products that are moisturizers.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Paula's Choice 2% BHA products-10+ years and counting. I will continue to use it as long as the company stays truly cruelty free and doesn't change the formula.

One Love Organics Facial Cleansing oil-close to 3 years now (at least)? I will also continue to use this as long as the company remailns truly cruelty free and doesn't change the formula. They tried to change their perfect, five star formula but all the faithful users were in an uproar so they switched it back to the original formula which is AWESOME for a company to actually listen to what their customers want and give it to them!  It removes all my makeup (with the exception of a few very waterproof, stubborn eyeiners)  without irritating my eyes or my skin, ever. Leaves my skin soft and supple. I've tried so many facial cleansers and this is the best thing ever for me.

Coconut oil- 40 years (my mom used on me when I was little). I use it as a deep conditioner for my hair and occasionally as a waterproof eye makeup remover if my cleanser doesn't get every last trace. I only use Nutiva Organic, unrefined, 100% virgin coconut oil and been using that brand the longest. Can't even remember how long now!

And, of course, sunscreen of various kinds. Been using since I was little. Used it every single day, rain or shine and will never go without it.

I am happy and proud to state they are all truly cruelty free too and no animal derived ingredients! yay!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Neutrogena amber colored facial cleanser - my husband and I both love it.  Also, Jergens Self Tanner.  I continue to use both because I like the results. The cleanser cleans my skin without leaving it dry and the Jergens gives me a nice light summer time color.  I also like that I can find both products easily at my local stores!

Trusted Contributor

I will add that I have used faithfully since high school lancome mascara, however the past two purchases my eyes started to water which was strange as I never had that problem before. I switched to Merle Norman and I really like it. If I am going in the water, pool or beach I use great lash waterproof and I always have that available.
Honored Contributor

@meginthemaking wrote:

Basis cleaner clean face wash, 6 fl. oz. tube

I've been using Basis for years now. Removes makeup, cleanses gently, smells good, and is refreshing to use. I have sensitive skin and I have no issues with this. Remarkably, the formula and packinging hasn't changed since I've been using this product. Teens and guys could totally use this, too! The packaging is nice and not girly.

It's gotten VERY hard to find in stores. I used to be able to buy it at Walmart but these days it's through Amazon (3-pack!) or Harmon Beauty.

Runner up products. Tried and true for me over the recent years, but haven't been using quite as long as my Basis cleanser:

Wen (specifically pomegranate, all seasonals, and the rice-based formulas)

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! mascara (purple tube)

Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Eyeliner (favorite shade is plum)

Christian Dior EDT - Escale a Portofino

@todaysrx

Basis cleanser is on sale now at drugstore(dot)com.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

Botox and monthly chemical peals

Frequent Contributor

I agree that I have used Isomers for years and I have beautiful skin at 60. I do, however, still us Hope In A Tube by Philosophy for my eye cream and upper lip cream product. I have used Isomers since Manuela first presented it on Shop NBC years ago. Matrixyl was the key ingredient for me in skincare years ago.
Esteemed Contributor

@SuzyBailey wrote:
I agree that I have used Isomers for years and I have beautiful skin at 60. I do, however, still us Hope In A Tube by Philosophy for my eye cream and upper lip cream product. I have used Isomers since Manuela first presented it on Shop NBC years ago. Matrixyl was the key ingredient for me in skincare years ago.

@SuzyBailey

Victoria Principal's Original and Advanced lines had matrixyl in them back in the '90s when I was a devotee to her products.  I haven't used that brand in so long now I no longer know what's in the products.