Respected Contributor

Re: what is the longest working beauty product you have stuck with?

Glamglow, hands down the best. Saw improvement in my pores after the third use. A little $$$ but you use so little it lasts forever. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dove soap and Maybelline black mascara. I'm loyal to my products since they do what they say they will.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bellabutterfly wrote:

Sara44-  

For me, it has been "Oil of Olay".  I use the daily moisture every day and the "Oil of Olay Night Cream" every night.

I started using it when I was 17 yrs thanks to my Grannie.

I am in my mid Fifties and have zero wrinkles.  In fact, I was just in the hospital and the nurses all thought I look early 30's...Couldn't believe I was mid 50's...I'll take that!

My Grandmother died in 1997 at the age of 95 yrs old. She was an "Oil of Olay" user and as God is my witness she had zero wrinkles.  A beautiful lady inside and out!   

I tried others, but have gone back to OIl of Olay. Same here early 60's and no wrinkles....

Super Contributor

Paula Begoun's BHA - I'm so happy I started using it in my early 20's.  Then, it was to help keep oil and acne at bay. Mnow, it's to keep my skin exfoliated so cells turn over and I fight off lines and damage as long as I can!

Valued Contributor

This may not be an exact answer but the product I have used consistantly since my teens, and now I am 65 as of today, is foundation!!!!!  I have used all different brands and types as my skin has changed over the years.  Think I started with the old Cornsilk brand as a teen when my skin was oily and acne prone.  Now I have a number of moisturising foundations for my slightly dry skin.  But I have no wrinkles and only very mild hyperpigmentation from all the sunburns I got in my youth before we knew about sunscreen!  I think that all these years using foundaation protected my skin.  Now I use a sunscreen and a foundation but for many years it was just foundation and I swear it helped me to have beautiful skin, even my dermatologist says so!

Respected Contributor

Elysee's red and blue serums, which I've used for a couple of years now.  They're the best I've ever used.  I just started using Wen exclusively last December.  It has made a huge difference in my hair.

Esteemed Contributor

Back in the 70's, Revlon had a line called "Moondrops" that included lipsticks, moisturizers, etc.  Then I shopped at Macy's for Moondrops products and the moisturizer was sooo expensive - $9.00!!  but it would last me months and months.  The Moondrops lipstick color Softsilver Red was perfect for me then ...and I continue to wear it today, even though the Moondrops name is long gone.  Instead of Macy's, I now buy it at my neighborhood supermarket.  As my hair turned gray and my coloring changed, I had to tweak some of the makeup and colors I wear, but I can still wear and love Softsilver Red.   Thank goodness Revlon never discontinued it!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Regular Contributor

Tracie Martyn Amla Purifying Cleanser since 2006. I've never been without it though have used other cleansers.

What made me buy it in the first place was an episode of an old show on Logo called "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy." One time, they actually did a remake on a gay guy and took him to the Tracie Martyn Salon, and the show's "beauty expert," Kyan, said, "This is what I use." My next trip to NYC, I went there and received a complimentary demonstration of the line and walked out with. Also saw Kelly Ripa showing up for an appointment.

What keeps me using it is its ingredient list, smell, and effectiveness. While it is expensive for a cleanser and "is only a cleanser," its ingredient list is impressive, and I leave it on long enough to benefit from the ingredients as I would a peel pad of some sort. It's a 1.7 oz. airless pump, but you need so little, it really lasts a long time.

Respected Contributor

Mary Kay skincare since I was 13.  I'm 58 now and am so glad mom told me to use one skin care program and stick with it.  

Trusted Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@Sara44 wrote:

hi everyone i got a question what is the longest working beauty product that you have stuck with and why ? what made you buy it at first was it new ? a trusted name ? the before and afters ? word of mouth ? and now that youve been faithfully using it what would you say keeps you using it ? curious Smiley Very Happy

Longest -  Isomers

Why - My skin was falling off

What - Reading all success stories  and how  loyal the users were on the Q forum.

Before using other skin lines I had great skin - something went wrong.

After - I no longer have sensitive skin and happy with the results considering how much older I am.

Keeps - Results keep me coming back 

Don't want to try stuff -  just to try it.

I've just started using a few of the Isomers products and am wondering what you

which products you are using that you have felt have helped the most?