Occasional Contributor

what is the longest working beauty product you have stuck with?

hi everyone i got a question what is the longest working beauty product that you have stuck with and why ? what made you buy it at first was it new ? a trusted name ? the before and afters ? word of mouth ? and now that youve been faithfully using it what would you say keeps you using it ? curious Smiley Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: what is the longest working beauty product you have stuck with?

@Sara44 wrote:

hi everyone i got a question what is the longest working beauty product that you have stuck with and why ? what made you buy it at first was it new ? a trusted name ? the before and afters ? word of mouth ? and now that youve been faithfully using it what would you say keeps you using it ? curious Smiley Very Happy

Longest -  Isomers

Why - My skin was falling off

What - Reading all success stories  and how  loyal the users were on the Q forum.

Before using other skin lines I had great skin - something went wrong.

After - I no longer have sensitive skin and happy with the results considering how much older I am.

Keeps - Results keep me coming back 

Don't want to try stuff -  just to try it.

Trusted Contributor

I have to say up until the last year in a half I barely took care of my skin....it was only when I noticed the makeup settling in my fine lines and I had puffy eyes for a long time. I always heard you couldn't do anything about the eyes so I never bothered. However, there are so products that I have always used but don't consider part of skin care line. I have regularly used neutrogena face wash since I was a teenager. I have loved and used Nivea and Aveeno for the better part of ten years. Now as far as moisturizing twice a day, eye creams and serums this has been added in the past year in a half and the fact that I am religious about it twice a day I now have much better skin and people notice my skin now.
Before I decided what my holy grail products were I was trying all kinds of things, wasting money and not using everyday. What about you?
Respected Contributor

Purity Cleanser by Philosophy.  I've been using it since Philosophy first came to QVC.  I have sensitive skin and this is the best cleanser I have ever used.

Honored Contributor

With all of the things I've used over the years, the one product I've stuck with is Avon's Anew  peel pads. I've been using them for over 10 years and  they have improved the texture of my skin. It is the only Avon product I use, but I will use it as long as they make it.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@trudy
I have used purity before and it was good, I liked the gel cleanser but I I get consist good results with the neutrogena for a fraction of the cost.
Honored Contributor

I have been using "Blinc" mascara for years. I first bought it on the Q but then they quit selling it. So I have bought it from their website.

It comes off easy with "Purity" and doesn't hurt my eyes.

I tried another one not too long ago but as soon as its gone back to Blinc.

Respected Contributor

I have to say Wen.  I have been using it for over 4 years.  I have also used Josie's body butter for almost as long

Deb

Honored Contributor

1.   Adrienne's Meltdowns

2.   Vit C serum (various brands)

3.   Sibu sea buckthorn serum

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Sara44-  

For me, it has been "Oil of Olay".  I use the daily moisture every day and the "Oil of Olay Night Cream" every night.

I started using it when I was 17 yrs thanks to my Grannie.

I am in my mid Fifties and have zero wrinkles.  In fact, I was just in the hospital and the nurses all thought I look early 30's...Couldn't believe I was mid 50's...I'll take that!

My Grandmother died in 1997 at the age of 95 yrs old. She was an "Oil of Olay" user and as God is my witness she had zero wrinkles.  A beautiful lady inside and out!