Trusted Contributor

what does FRESH scent smell like?

They keep saying a clean scent that men would like too. I do not want a manly scent. If it is a strong vanilla scent I would like it.... otherwise how would you discribe it?

Regular Contributor

Re: what does FRESH scent smell like?

I always wondered about this smell also so I went to Ulta to check it out. To me it smelled like sour milk or baby formula gone bad.  

When I first tried it in Ulta, I thought maybe it was a bad batch so I went over to Sephora and got the same smell.  It was so bad for me to the point of gagging.  I had to get to a restroom to wash it off immediately.

I know some will disagree with me.  You really have to try it yourself.

Btw,  I'm a huge fan of Amazing Grace, Pure Grace and Falling in Love! This particular scent Fresh just smelled rancid to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like fresh cream, which is what I assume you are talking about. It's my favorite Philosophy fragrance! It smells like vanilla with a little sugary smell added. In my opinion, it smells very clean and refreshing. Vanilla is the dominant note, so I bet you'd love it, too. 

Trusted Contributor

LOL! One person said it smelled like sour milk and made her gag... another loves it. What is a girl to do! Smiley Happy Think I will pass....

Esteemed Contributor

LOL...you are right. It's hard to know buying online isn't it? For the same reason, I've always wondered how anybody could buy a mattress this way, too.

Honored Contributor

I added Fresh Cream to my Philosophy stash last year. I find it even milder than Pure Grace, and agree that it is very light, clean, and fresh. I step out of the shower feeling clean, but do not feel my skin is coated in a lingering scent. I am not one to layer fragrance on my body; I choose my body washes for the sole purpose of getting a fresh clean feeling from my shower, and Fresh Cream does that for me along with Amazing Grace, Pure Grace, and Baby Grace. I do not associate Fresh Cream scent to milk, even after using it regularly for a year.
Honored Contributor

I am not sure about this scent ..for me it smells like a warm vanilla but changes later in the day and seems to sour.nobody has said this to me but I get that slight off smell in my nostrils.

Honored Contributor

It does NOT smell like Vanilla. I think it's just okay so I don't know why it is built up like it is.  If you like something a little sweet check out Laura Mercier's almond coconut milk.  You won't smell like a coconut!  It has vanilla in it, jasmine, it is really a beautiful scent.  The cologne is $55 for a large bottle.  The body butter is $35 and you only need a little. Laura did offer free shipping not too long ago & Nordstrom carries it.  Every time I wear this fragrance someone compliments it (that's a first).

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Tried the lotion, smelled sour to me, never again.

Valued Contributor

I agree, it does not smell like vanilla, it is hard to describe the scent. I personally did NOT like the fragrance, I sent mine back. I like many of the other fragrances, but not that one. Like no other smell I have bought!