Respected Contributor

what do you recommend for flyaways

i have a thick head of hair, but the hair itself is very fine.  i wear it in a chin length bob.  (no bangs)   problem is with flyaways.  i have these baby-fine short little pieces that are constantly flying into my face.

if i use a healthy dose of hairspray, they are tamed and do not bother me at all, but i would love to find an alternative to hairspray.  

any recommendations would be appreciated.  

thanks! 

Respected Contributor

Re: what do you recommend for flyaways

I have so many flyaways! I use living proof No Frizz spray before blow drying. Once dry, I rub a few drops of Wen oil in my palms and lightly smooth over my hair. Helps a lot!
Honored Contributor

Body butter.......any kind

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I use Carol's Daughter MONOI anti-breakage spray. Apply to either wet or damp hair and style as usual. Hair is tamed, smooth with no fly-aways. This spray is the best detangler I've ever used, tooSmiley Wink. It's a desert-island item for me!Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

I just saw on FabLife that you can use a clean toothbrush and use a little gel or even hairspray.  I was not paying too much attention, but it is on their website (I think).

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

• Nick Chavez Velvet Mesquite Serum.  It's amazing stuff.  It's a serum but it's not thick, greasy and sticky.  You use just a drop or two, rub it into your palms and onto your hair and it gives a shine and controls the fly-aways and whispys.  I love it.
Honored Contributor

I've read that many hair pros & stylists use a toothbrush with a little hairspray on it.

Respected Contributor

Coconut oil

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Valued Contributor

Just saw a video recommending that you use a natural bristle tooth brush, spray in hair spray to control the strays.  The hairdresser said it had to be a natural bristle brush since regular bristles don't interact well with the spray.  He said natural bristle brushes can be found at health food stores

Esteemed Contributor

I have fine hair and a few layes cut in my hair. I use a few drops of argan oil to tame those fly aways. I just rub it between my fingers and on the trouble spots and I'm good.