Frequent Contributor

I orderd the tsv on advance order but now I am looking at the models and marybeth and it looks caked on , DRY and pale.  What do others think?

Respected Contributor

The only product I like is her blush.   I love her brushes too but beyond that, you can keep everything else of hers.

Isn't that crazy what hi def TV can do for some brands.

Trusted Contributor

That is how I look when I tried the products. Did not work for me.Smiley Indifferent

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

I haven't seen the presentation, but I tried the balance and brighten several years ago, and loved the way it looked on.  They might just have way too much product on their faces!  

This TSV is a great deal.  I didn't order because the makeup broke me out (I have seriousely sensitive skin Smiley Sad ).  My advice to you is to get it home and play with it.  There's a good chance you'll love it!

Esteemed Contributor

@qvc2022 wrote:

I orderd the tsv on advance order but now I am looking at the models and marybeth and it looks caked on , DRY and pale.  What do others think?

I am not that big into much makeup but did think the same thing when i looked at the models earlier today...

Respected Contributor

I agree. They all looked very cakey and dry.  I do have balance and brighten.  It is very light coverage, which is fine when I am going for a no-makeup-makeup-look.  If I  want a fuller coverage, I use a liquid foundation and then dust balance and brighten on top.  I think the models tried to use just balance and brighten to achieve the full coverage, that's why it looked caked on.

Honored Contributor

Re: tsv--looks caked on ?

[ Edited ]

Several years ago, I had been using the Balance-n-Brighten for awhile.  One day, I got a good look at myself in the mirror of my car with natural light coming in and was horrified and how I looked.  The color was muddy, it accentuated pores and lines, an all around unflattering result.  And to think DH never said anything!  (that in itself could be taken a couple of different ways...LOL)  I also don't think the highlighter is doing many of the models too many favors.  Some are WAY overdone.  When Laura was using the highlighter on Brooke this morning, it was better, but one of the models (new or not used often, narrow face - don't know her name) had way too much on and it was all over her face.  

All that said, there are products in the LG line that I do like so I'm not posting to bash the line in general.

Honored Contributor

In the last year I ordered the bronze and brighten and balance and brighten and they are not the same color as I remember.Also, the finish is not the same. I got the blush in a kit and it's just ok, I use the spackle and that is ok.

Respected Contributor

I thought it looked bad on the older models, and a bit too  much shimmer....I do like the lip gloss tho

Respected Contributor

I like Laura but I agree that even the young models looked pasty-  Forget it on me... I do like the Kohl pencil and would try that-