Respected Contributor

I think tarte is an okay cosmetic line.  I don't think it's "life changing" or anything like that.

I find the Amazonian clay thing to be really ridiculous, but it may work for them.

I have liked their foundations, EXCEPT for the fact they are all too yellow on me.

I received an email today that they are going to launch a new foundation.  I think they have a great value on foundation and a brush.  I admit I am still not proficient with a brush, as I have always applied with my fingers.  I keep thinking I SHOULD use a brush, but don't quite master it!

Hate those dumb pictures they (and other lines) use to illustrate their shades.  If I can't see the actual shade, I won't buy.

So, unless tarte says they are making a shade for those of us who are very fair but cannot use all that YELLOW, I just won't buy again.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

Re: tarte won't fool me again

I have to agree, I bought that boxed set right before Christmas and have hardly used  anything but the blush. The eyeshadow was really a disappointment and while I like their mascara, I've noticed when I use it I end up with irritated eyelids so now that's out.  I won't make that mistake again. 

Respected Contributor

I got that email too about the new foundation and brush.  I do enjoy the Amazonian Clay foundation and found a good color match.  However, I have been using iT 50+ CC and like it better overall. This summer I have been mixing in a bit of the Tarte in a darker shade to add to the iT CC and it works well.  Since I have several tubes of both foundations, I will also take a pass on being tempted by another new formula.

Tarte eyeshadow has always been too chalky and there has been little color pay-off during/after application.  The mascara is fine, but I like Hypnose Drama so much more.

The products from Tarte I love are:

1.  Illuminating BB cream (I use to highlight my cheeks)

2.  Bronzing Maracuja oil

3.  Eye cream

Trusted Contributor

I just don't understand the appeal of plastering river silt all over your face.   Tarte reps insist on showing the videos of the Amazon region they collect their mud from, the ladies knee deep in the muck and mire scooping up the Amazonian clay.  Think about it.   All of the refuse from upstream settles in the sludge and the ladies scoop it up, selectively, for Tarte to market.  The Amazon, no sewage filtration, no regulations about dumping human or idustrinal waste, the dead and decomposing bodies of river inhabitants and others..........

There is nothing in their lineup to entice me to ignore the source of the product they're selling. 

Respected Contributor

@CoG wrote:

I just don't understand the appeal of plastering river silt all over your face.   Tarte reps insist on showing the videos of the Amazon region they collect their mud from, the ladies knee deep in the muck and mire scooping up the Amazonian clay.  Think about it.   All of the refuse from upstream settles in the sludge and the ladies scoop it up, selectively, for Tarte to market.  The Amazon, no sewage filtration, no regulations about dumping human or idustrinal waste, the dead and decomposing bodies of river inhabitants and others..........

There is nothing in their lineup to entice me to ignore the source of the product they're selling. 

I had never thought of THAT aspect of the Amazon!

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Hmmm....I seriously doubt that Tarte just drives up and gathers the clay and shoves into its products, slaps a label on them, and distributes them for sale.

Good chance -- I'd say 100 percent -- that a good deal of work goes into making the product clean and safe to sell, just as with any other cosmetic or skin care product. Tarte is hardly alone in using "natural" ingredients like clay.

The only Tarte product I have are their Amazonian Clay blushes -- excellent quality and pigmentation.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Hmmm....I seriously doubt that Tarte just drives up and gathers the clay and shoves into its products, slaps a label on them, and distributes them for sale.

Good chance -- I'd say 100 percent -- that a good deal of work goes into making the product clean and safe to sell, just as with any other cosmetic or skin care product. Tarte is hardly alone in using "natural" ingredients like clay.

The only Tarte product I have are their Amazonian Clay blushes -- excellent quality and pigmentation.

25r30wi.gifNow THAT I would pay good money to see!! I hope the person who stated that was being tongue-in-cheek.;-)

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

You are not alone when it comes to too much yellow in foundation.  Don't these cosmetic cos. realize that most fair/light women have pink undertones.  I think it costs less to use the yellow but they really need to taper it down and at least offer neutral.  There are a few cos. that offer pink and neutral undertones but Tartte is not one of them yet.

Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I just think the Amazonian clay thing is a marketing tool.

Sure, they throw some in the product.  But, it cannot be enough to make a difference, in my opinion.  It's just makeup.

It is something to make it look  "organic" or "green" and nothing else.

Hey, it works with some probably.  Love their packaging.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I just think the Amazonian clay thing is a marketing tool.

Sure, they throw some in the product.  But, it cannot be enough to make a difference, in my opinion.  It's just makeup.

It is something to make it look  "organic" or "green" and nothing else.

Hey, it works with some probably.  Love their packaging.

Hyacinth

Oh, I agree that is a marketing tool. But I still like those blushes. I have no clue as to whether the clay makes any difference, though.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland