Regular Contributor

so much WEN but so few other product lines now

Hello QVC Beauties!

I see that Nick has a TSV today. When i went to look at his line, i noticed that QVC no longer carries many of his other products or any other hair shampoo like they used to. For example, Ojon is long gone and Alterna is limited.

Why do you think they favor WEN so much?

Honored Contributor

Re: so much WEN but so few other product lines now

[ Edited ]

The only reason they would "favor" a line so much is because it brings in the most $$. It is a shopping channel- what sells the most is what they will carry and show the most onair. It is just simple economics. They have no loyalty to a brand than that- money.

Regular Contributor

Absolutely true! I am just a little disappointed, in general, that they have a few "pet" brands that they REEEAlly push (not only WEN)

Honored Contributor

@Merciful One wrote:

Absolutely true! I am just a little disappointed, in general, that they have a few "pet" brands that they REEEAlly push (not only WEN)

again, it comes down to money. If WEN or any other "pet" brand as you called them weren't bringing in the big bucks, they wouldn't be "pushed". It really is that simple. They would not spend alot of airtime on a brand that wasn't performing (i.e. wasn't bringing in the money). They are much smarter than that. QVC is all about the money, not about highlighting or pushing low or non-performing brands just for variety. Just the reality of a shopping channel.

Trusted Contributor

Because they can get $180 per gallon?

Honored Contributor

Maybe because they sell what they can sell.

Once I bought Nick -  key word once. 

Honored Contributor

@Merciful One wrote:

Hello QVC Beauties!

I see that Nick has a TSV today. When i went to look at his line, i noticed that QVC no longer carries many of his other products or any other hair shampoo like they used to. For example, Ojon is long gone and Alterna is limited.

Because it's all about sales and inventory. You buy what you sell and if things don't sell as well, you don't want to give up precious warehouse space to keeping it around when you could be stocking things that sell.

You can buy shampoo anywhere and after nearly 40 years of using shampoo, I never found one to be that much different from another, no matter who made it or how much it cost.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Merciful One wrote:

Hello QVC Beauties!

They favor it because it makes a ton of money. Chaz has many loyal customers and he has SOOOO many scents that it almost becomes a kind of - "gotta catch em all" type of situation where his customers aren't just buying it as they need it but they are buying every scent and every seasonal when it comes out - along with matching oils etc. I can imagine the money they make from WEN would be astounding. 

I'm glad for the Nick C TSV. I prefer Nick now and am glad they are going to give viewers choices for a hair TSV other than WEN. Perhaps their nubmers were starting to shift a little since all of the hoopla began concerning hairloss so they are trying to boost another vendor up as their backup plan. If something were to happen to WEN as things stand now with Chaz as their golden boy and the only hair care line getting TSVs,  I'm guessing QVC's numbers would be in big big trouble. We'll most likely be seeing more of Nick and probably other hair care vendors as well in the year to come.

Respected Contributor

@ctinaw wrote:

@Merciful One wrote:

Hello QVC Beauties!

They favor it because it makes a ton of money. Chaz has many loyal customers and he has SOOOO many scents that it almost becomes a kind of - "gotta catch em all" type of situation where his customers aren't just buying it as they need it but they are buying every scent and every seasonal when it comes out - along with matching oils etc. I can imagine the money they make from WEN would be astounding. 

I'm glad for the Nick C TSV. I prefer Nick now and am glad they are going to give viewers choices for a hair TSV other than WEN. Perhaps their nubmers were starting to shift a little since all of the hoopla began concerning hairloss so they are trying to boost another vendor up as their backup plan. If something were to happen to WEN as things stand now with Chaz as their golden boy and the only hair care line getting TSVs,  I'm guessing QVC's numbers would be in big big trouble. We'll most likely be seeing more of Nick and probably other hair care vendors as well in the year to come.

Well, I hope if they're looking to boost another vendor as their backup plan it isn't Nick Chavez!  I tried 2 different formulations of his, and both left my hair dry and brittle and miserable.

Respected Contributor

That's tellin' em' HappyDaze!  I mean QVC or Amazon or any entity that sells things is gonna have what makes the most money, EXACTLY.  I think the Wen bashers know it too but clearly don't like it.