Contributor

perfect formula gel coat has bubbles?

It used to go on fine, but the last 3 times I used it, bubbles appered the next day.  Any suggestions?

Honored Contributor

Re: perfect formula gel coat has bubbles?

I think I'd try going over my nails with polish remover to make sure there was nothing on my nails.  I've used gel polish for at least five years and haven't had bubbles.

Frequent Contributor

@Dragon Lady wrote:

It used to go on fine, but the last 3 times I used it, bubbles appered the next day.  Any suggestions?

I've had this problem before with this and other polish..  very unattactive bubbles - like sand... This (strangely) may be linked to a fan... DId you have a fan blowing when you applied?  (Don't ask why - I had this problem, read about a fan - and it made a difference!)

Super Contributor

@Dragon Lady wrote:

@Dragon Lady You could be overworking your gel by stirring it too much before you put it on your nails. Let the gel settle well in the pot before using it after stirring, if not, this can cause air bubbles. Also, if you apply a second layer before the first layer is completely cured, it can cause air bubbles.  Have you ever changed the bulbs in your light?  This could be a cause. Moisture can get in at the edge of the nail if it is not completely sealed and cause air bubbles. If it was done at a salon, I would go back and have it redone.  HTH

Honored Contributor

I happened to see this post.  I know zip (nothing) about nail polish although I do get pedicures every week or so.

It makes sense that a fan would mess it up since it is a thick covering.  It's probably air under there and the polish dries thick and hard with tiny air bubbles under it.  Just makes sense!

Contributor

Thanks all for suggestions.