Super Contributor

on and off topic: my poor lips~~warning slightly gross

hi guys!!

so i have a bad cold. big deal right?? not compared to lots of other horrors going on for sure. however, i am still uncomfortable. which brings me to my poor lips.

now, bactracking, while i buy many showergels and fluffy things like that, in most of my life i try to buy only what i need. one of those little corners i try to cut, is kleenex. i have just never bought it. i use toilet paper usually, or a paper towel if i am stuck in the kitchen.

well i dont know what happened this time around, must have been a few too many paper towels, but in blowing my nose, i ended up chapping my lips something aweful. it looked like i had a ring of red lip pencil on my top lip. complete with flaking skin and cracking and bleeding!!

i have NEVER had this before. i almost never get dry lips, and if i do a little lipgloss or something fixes it right up. but this time it was like i had someone elses lip skin!!

so yesterday morning , i start putting everything on moisturizing i own on my lips. i tried my philosophy lip shines (usually more than moisturizing enough), korres lip butter, it lip stain/butters (love normally) tarte lipsurgence (again waaaaay more than moisturizing enough usually) but nothing was working (all stuff i normally use, so no reaction from the products i dont think), but my lips were getting worse, not better.

so i remembered this set of FRESH lip balms that my mom gave me last year. now i dont know if you have tried these or not, but they come in this impressive brushed aluminum tube with a nice weight and feel to it. pretty packaging and lettering , open it up and....blah. just this strange flat little bullet of clear or rose lip product. so i put it on. tiny hint of lemon, no flavor. decent feel on the lips, but a little heavy feeling. but i was so painfully chapped by last night i couldnt smile or even take a bite of soup without my cracked part of my lip re-cracking open. it felt so yucky, and my rest of my lips felt like lizard skin while it is molting!! so i thought what the hey, and piled a good coat of the fresh lippie on and went to bed.

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!

in the am, my lips felt better when waking up, but still scaley. by the time my coffee was ready, most of the skin that was on my lips had rolled off leaving only the cracked spot. by lunch the scabbed over part had come off leaving my ENTIRE lip area back to NORMAL, WHERE LAST NIGHT I LOOKED LIKE I HAD BEEN IN A TOXIC WASTE EXPERIMENT!! so except for the t i n i e s t place, my lips are totally soft and back to normal, and thank goodness that 80's ring of red lip liner is gone.

so i mention this both for the rave, and the humor factor, regarding how many conversations i have had in my head since last christmas about the boring little lip blob int he beautiful tube. everytime i would see it for sale, on sephora, or here at the q i would have a little snit in my head about , "what is the big deal, what a packaging ripoff, why do they even bother trying to make that junk look good, who is going to pay that for a clear, tasteless, colorless, shinless overpriced lippie?"

now i know. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

i cant promise that it would work that way for everyone, but for me....wow!!

ps, i dont know what difference it makes (none, lol), but i am not a lippie at home person usually. i am either out and about , with full lips, or home with bare lips. so i just could not understand the function of this item, and why anyone would pay for it, instead of a decent gloss or lipstick/butter.

take care, keep your lips soft!!

belleandme

pps, i even tried gently exfoiliating with a toothbrush yesterday, before the fresh balm at night, and the skin wouldnt budge!!