Trusted Contributor

Re: o/t SKINN for oily complexion?

Thanks all...i asked the same question on the tsv thread! I cannot really take advantage of most of his kits due to the creams. If only there was a serum kit....A girl can dream Smiley Wink
Respected Contributor

Something the ladies who find the 24 Hour Youth Preservation Cream too heavy might want to consider ...

Several ladies with combo skin have reported back that adding a drop or two of the new Liquid Infusion to their YPC has made it much more compatible for them.Cool Just a thought.

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Super Contributor

Wow, you l ladies are the best! Thank you so much for the coupon code, Shelbelle. It is so very sweet of you to share. And your advice is much appreciated. I'm relieved to learn that I do have some options with the line.

SeaGal, thank you again, for the list of additional products that could work. I've taken down all the item names and I will definitely try them out one or two products at a time.You are really kind to give so many details.

gokat, that sounds like a smart option- I took down your tip. Good way to avoid splurging on too many products- do a little creative tinkering!

I'm 54, and while the oily skin has been a godsend in some ways (cutting down wrinkles), I'm beginning to see issues now and want to line up options. I'll start with the collagenesis rejen line for my face, as Shelbelle and SeaGal suggested (and I also want to try chin up for my neck)--then gradually build up a routine incorporating the other products you all have suggestedKiss

Super Contributor

On 11/15/2014 FLGators said: Thanks all...i asked the same question on the tsv thread! I cannot really take advantage of most of his kits due to the creams. If only there was a serum kit....A girl can dream Smiley Wink

FlGators, I should have looked so as not to repeat..

I would love a serum kit! I would also love it if he designed a kit esp for those of us who worry about breakouts.

Super Contributor

On 11/15/2014 dionline said:

Great thread OP, I've been wondering about this too, since I'm still oily at 51.

I'll definitely look at these options - thanks!!!

You're most welcome, dioline- it's so great to get advice from people who know the line as well as the posters here do. And I know what you mean! At 54, I still get the very occasional zit if any oil gets near my face, and yet my skin dries and flakes in winter. Hoping Dmitri's line will do the trick. I'll come back and report results in a few weeks- I hope others will too. Take care!

Respected Contributor

On 11/15/2014 mustbuyless said:
On 11/15/2014 dionline said:

Great thread OP, I've been wondering about this too, since I'm still oily at 51.

I'll definitely look at these options - thanks!!!

You're most welcome, dioline- it's so great to get advice from people who know the line as well as the posters here do. And I know what you mean! At 54, I still get the very occasional zit if any oil gets near my face, and yet my skin dries and flakes in winter. Hoping Dmitri's line will do the trick. I'll come back and report results in a few weeks- I hope others will too. Take care!

Another suggestion (after reading this post) is that you may want to add regular exfoliation to your regime, if you haven't already. I DO use Dermappeal, but my skin is not particularly sensitive and the mint fragrance doesn't put me off. It does a great job IMO...and will help to even out your complexion, especially with the harsher weather here. Baby's bottom! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

I tried the Deep Pore Cleanser for the first time today........all I can say is, "Wow"!!!!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

I've heard Dimitri say that the Dermalift system is a good one for oilier skins, too. It's not nearly as emollient as the 24-hour cream and its accompanying serums. However, it should be said, he doesn't really offer a system that is specifically geared to oily, break-out prone skin. Guess he figures his target demographic is long past that stage. I bet if he offered one, it would sell.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Respected Contributor

On 11/16/2014 Desertdi said:

I tried the Deep Pore Cleanser for the first time today........all I can say is, "Wow"!!!!

I love that little cleanser and the vacuum mask, you can use either one alone or you can do them together, one after the other. I wish he would make that cleanser bottle a bit bigger!

2 of my favorite Skinn products...

Super Contributor

Desertdi, sharlee, and Sea Gal, thank you so much for the later posts and advice. I didn't realize there were more posts or I'd have expressed my appreciation a little earlier! All your suggestions sound great. I've taken down the names and I think I'll be shopping again this weekend!

I know there is another SKINN thread, but since this is specifically for oily/sensitive skin, I hope it's ok to revive it.

So now my newbie report. I've been trying this stuff for about 3 weeks.I am so thrilled to say my skin didn't react to any of them! I am SO HAPPY about that- really thanks to you I got up the nerve to try skinn.

Specifics: this is what I tried

1. Collagenesis stem rejen for the face (the pink bottle) - CRAZY IN LOVE with this

2. Collagenesis resurfacing concentrate: CRAZY IN LOVE with this too! I use it in combination w. the stem rejen.

3. Collagenesis deep line wrinkle erasing serum: this seems great but to be honest I don't always apply it. I need to be more consistent with it.

4. Dermappeal Thermo-Enzymatic Microdermabrasion: Also REALLY LOVE this. It smooths out my skin. Baby's bottom is exactly it: you were so right, gokat

5. Other non-face products: I got the Sweet & Smooth Sugar & Shea Butter Body Polish, a kind of body scrub along with some of these products, but haven't tried it yet.

I also got two lip products: Sugar lips and Lips 6X. Not sure about these- I haven't tried them too often. I think they ended up being a little drying, but I won't know for sure till I give them more time.

The line is definitely fabulous but also very, very confusing, and I would have had no idea where to begin without your wonderful advice. Shelbelle, SeaGal, gokat, dionline, FLgators, your suggestions a few weeks ago were just brilliant. You ladies are the best!

I'm tempted to try two new things this weekend: The eye stem rejen and the neck firm and lift (or densify) lotion. I'm sure there'll be other temptations too, but I've already spent what feels like a fortune to me and I want to take it slow.

And because this can't be said enough: THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE WHO POSTED!