Honored Contributor

@tashy

The following is my PERSONAL OPINION....

The main problem is that 99% of QVC cosmetic vendors caters to caucasian females (no matter what that silly & erroneous skin chart shows).

The 1% exception is Malley cosmetics. 

What needs to happen is for QVC to have several cosmetic companies that specifically represents WOC & the vendors should be a person of color.

As far as the "current" state of QVC cosmetics, unless WOC want to have the "being layed out in a coffin" or the "ashy" looks, go to a department store & check out the products in person.

The poster Brooklynny said it best:

"it's difficult to buy foundation when you're not at the makeup counter and you want to try something new regardless of your skin tone."

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

I wasn't even sure what the subject meant until I started reading.  I hought this was about batteries (like double A batteries), I guess it could also be Alcoholics Anonymous.  Then I had to think what the heck WOC stood for.  So does this make me a W, or maybe a C?  Honestly, I think sometimes we can go too far with this.

I also thought Alcoholics Anonymous or AA batteries .... or an AA cup size.   But then I realized this wasn't the Fashion section.    Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: no AA model for TSV

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I wasn't even sure what the subject meant until I started reading.  I hought this was about batteries (like double A batteries), I guess it could also be Alcoholics Anonymous.  Then I had to think what the heck WOC stood for.  So does this make me a W, or maybe a C?  Honestly, I think sometimes we can go too far with this.

I am surprised that you've never encountered the acronyms used here. They're really quite common.

Since we are an acronym-loving society, I don't see why either AA or WOC is going too far.

ITA, suzyQ.

Look at it this way RedConvertible.

You learned something today.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

No African American model for Today's Special Value.The heading was clear to me!  The only problem I had with that title, is that I read it today, and the TSV is Philosophy perfume.  I was thinking, who models perfume and why would we care what color they are?  LOL!  Perfume doesn't need a skin tone...It needs a nose, LOL 

Respected Contributor

I've never seen any AA model darker than Alicia do a makeup TSV or any makeup show.  Adai is beautiful and other than the fashion shows I have only seen her do the Jose Maran body creme shows that I feel hylight the product on her dark skin. I just heard them say the deep has sold out of the Laura Geller TSV but I doubt they brought in as many as other shades.  I agree with the OP.  I would never purchase makeup on QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

It depends where you stand on this situation. Can you buy her makeup in a shade that will look nice? I can not afford  to guess. 

Honored Contributor

I wonder if AA women actually purchase much foundation..maybe that is the reason that venders don't develop many shades.They already have great color and don't need as much of the enhancements that WW of no color need.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

I wonder if AA women actually purchase much foundation..maybe that is the reason that venders don't develop many shades.They already have great color and don't need as much of the enhancements that WW of no color need.

Are you serious? Good grief.

Need I really point out that women don't wear foundation for color but to even out skin tone, to give a smooth finish, and to cover what they want covered?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

wow. just wow.

Honored Contributor

I have a few friends with the rich skin tones and they really don't wear much color cosmetics and are very beautiful without it...sorry but that is my opinion and not meant to hurt any feelings.I am just wishing that I could go out without all that slapped on and not look washed out.