Honored Contributor

Oh OP, the new shipping policies are just fraught with pitfalls that don't support the customer... Everyone needs to read the entire policy and not just the new rates... Things are definitely changing and not necessarily for the better.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor
On 2/8/2015 LolaLulu12 said:
On 2/8/2015 lizzief said: Shipping has always been a profit center for the Q. I'm sure somebody worked the numbers carefully, factored in the number of returns, and thought of a way to make the company MORE money with this new policy, not less. Personally I feel like an idiot for ordering the Sketchers TSV in several colors. If they don't fit, I'll be paying big bucks to return all of them. I didn't know about the new return policy in time to cancel. Gee, thanks, QVC, another way to stick it to your customers. You can bet I'll be visiting the mall more often in the future.

They will be refunding original shipping on return orders up until Feb 17th, so if you have to return any of the Sketchers you ordered, you will still be refunded your shipping. Smiley Happy

Assuming I even receive them by then Smiley Happy
Super Contributor

Amazon Prime is looking better and better!

Contributor

QVC just shot themselves in their corporate feet. Gone are the days, of purchasing multiple items, such as clothing. NOW, intelligent consumers will simply TRY ONE, and determine IF they "love it, or want to return it, within 30 days."
After all, a $3.00 loss, added to the return label costs, is SAFER with the NEW "buyer beware" for QVC members. WHAT A SHAME.

This had to have been dreamed up by some YOUNG and FOOLISH, marketing executive .. IDIOT. Consumers who can shop ANYWHERE are NOT idiots.

On the FIRST DAY this was implemented, they DID give 1.50 rate to second, thrid, etc, items. Then within 24 hours ... if you wanted to simply order new Spring Tee shirts from any line ... the SHIPPING costs at 3.00 EACH .... Made my fingers to the shopping very quickly.

How many of us, have had to return clothing due to sizing issues? Who on earth would purchase multiple pairs of shoes now? How many folks let RETURN TIMES slip by and end up keeping multiple item orders ... they ordered, when SHIPPING WAS ALREADY INSANE ... with the "half off" for each sequential item?

It was ALL an insult to the customer ... when so many GREAT companies, offer GENUINE "shopper friendly" deals. I have always ENJOYED QVC shopping, but NOW I find myself searching the internet for other sites, for almost anything I'm interested in purchasing, BEFORE I will complete an order with this new, QVC.

Poor QVC .... reveling in BILLIONS should HIRE more qualified, more mature degrees.

I'm stunned they would do this to THEMSELVES. No one has the POWER to do this to the consumer.

I've noticed very HIGH shiipping fees on many current items. How many handbags have been utterly disappointing? Check out the handbag shipping fees now. Like the WHOLE WORLD is not selling "handbags?" Cosmetic shipping has increased also.

DM Tiara, in California
(Where we must pay TAX on the SHIPPING CHARGED, as well as the product.)

Contributor
On 2/8/2015 stevieb said:

Oh OP, the new shipping policies are just fraught with pitfalls that don't support the customer... Everyone needs to read the entire policy and not just the new rates... Things are definitely changing and not necessarily for the better.

Hi Stevieb,

You are SO right on. Watch this new shipping policy change ... with the record number of ONE ITEM orders .... coming up.

QVC is literally shouting to the world, that QVC MEMBERS are uninformed and well,

"stupid."

Honored Contributor

I will benefit from this new shipping policy because I hardly ever buy clothing here so
I don't return much except for defective items or an occasional wrong item sent. I like that those who buy without thinking will now be held more accountable when mass returning but it doesn't seem right not to do an even exchange for clothing that doesn't fit due to all the sizing problems that are often posted. Because of the sizing problems it also will be more costly for those wanting to buy clothing here but order 2 different sizes trying to get the right size.

Why don't many get that when buying multiples of an item in most cases you are making out better than the old S & H as the cost was much higher before? Buying 3 of an item that now has $3 S & H is $9 whereas before the S & H was $6.95 which would have been $13.88 before so there is a savings of $4.88. Unless you have to return them then you do make out better.

Trusted Contributor

I think their new shipping policy is great. Even with the second item not being offered at a shipping discount, it still seems like a better deal on most items. Remember, the shipping prices were outrageous to begin with. Perhaps one of those LG products would have been $6 (or more!) to ship. Paying $6 for both doesn't seem so bad. You could have ended up paying $9 or more...

Yes, it stinks that we can no longer be refunded original shipping. That will put the brakes on some who order. Personally, I will be much more cautious about items I purchase in the future.

Super Contributor

QVC lowered shipping costs and the majority of the posts are complaints about having to pay shipping for returns. I had no idea so many returned so much.

For myself, I appreciate the savings and at least for the items I've ordered, they are coming regular UPS not Surepost or USPS for $3.00 and I'm getting them in 5 days. The shipping on a ring was $2.91. What's to complain about?

Trusted Contributor
The new S&H is NOT a good thing. Your not paying less (they pulled the wool over your eyes) because they raised the prices of most of the items by $3.00 + so your paying the same or more in some cases because you no longer get a multiple item doscount on shipping. The only one who makes out on this is QVC. They not only raised the item price & S&H THREE times last year (third time being around the holidays) but now you no longer get shipping refunded on returns and you dont get S&H discounts. I have never seen such manipulation in my life. I do 99.9 % of my shopping in high end dept stores and now I will do 100%.
Trusted Contributor
On 2/9/2015 okiebug said:

QVC lowered shipping costs and the majority of the posts are complaints about having to pay shipping for returns. I had no idea so many returned so much.

For myself, I appreciate the savings and at least for the items I've ordered, they are coming regular UPS not Surepost or USPS for $3.00 and I'm getting them in 5 days. The shipping on a ring was $2.91. What's to complain about?

Because they raised the prices on the majority of their items so your not saving anythig ! This was all about QVC making more money and has nothing to do with you saving anything. "thats what we are complaint about". You can go right ahead and think your getting a great deal because that is what they wanted you to think. LoL