Honored Contributor

Re: is it too early to ask-WHO'S READY FOR SOME SKINN?

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Anyone getting any of the makeup TTVs? Has anyone tried that mascara, eyeliners or those lipstick/glosses before? Just wondering how they are. TIA!

I love his lip products, but I have so many right now that I talked myself out of new ones.  I have a few of his shadow pallettes and they are very nice but I don't need any more shadows.  The mascara in this kit is THE BOMB.  LOVE it!!  I also like the Orchid Gel so am considering the kit for just those two products.  I haven't tried his eyeliner, but have some smudgesticks which I adore.

I really think he does very good makeup for the mostpart.  A few things I've tried that I didn't like such as his foundations (the color is never right for me) BB Cream and CC Cream (same thing).  And the hylighten is O.K. but I have a different brand of that kind of product that I like much better.

I love the Orchid Gel & Brightside. Have some of these lipstick/gloss duos in other colors & they are nice plus a good collection of other lip products from my favs Chanel & Armani. And his eyeshadows are fab, I have several palletes in rotation. The only reason why I passed on this TTV is b/c of my current supply. It's really priced well. Kudos to D & Evine.

@QueenDanceALot - I love Hylighten.  What are you using as an alternative?  

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Anyone getting any of the makeup TTVs? Has anyone tried that mascara, eyeliners or those lipstick/glosses before? Just wondering how they are. TIA!

I love his lip products, but I have so many right now that I talked myself out of new ones.  I have a few of his shadow pallettes and they are very nice but I don't need any more shadows.  The mascara in this kit is THE BOMB.  LOVE it!!  I also like the Orchid Gel so am considering the kit for just those two products.  I haven't tried his eyeliner, but have some smudgesticks which I adore.

I really think he does very good makeup for the mostpart.  A few things I've tried that I didn't like such as his foundations (the color is never right for me) BB Cream and CC Cream (same thing).  And the hylighten is O.K. but I have a different brand of that kind of product that I like much better.

I love the Orchid Gel & Brightside. Have some of these lipstick/gloss duos in other colors & they are nice plus a good collection of other lip products from my favs Chanel & Armani. And his eyeshadows are fab, I have several palletes in rotation. The only reason why I passed on this TTV is b/c of my current supply. It's really priced well. Kudos to D & Evine.

Hi Chi-town girl,

I wish I could remember the name of it.  I bought it from HSN quite awhile ago - it came in a pack of 3, all different shades.  And then I put it away for awhile before I said to myself, "OH, I need to try that"!  It's at home in my bathroom or I'd look.  I checked HSN for the brand and don't see it.  I know it's not Benefit or Trish McAvoy or any of the other regular brands over there.  Maybe they don't carry it anymore.

I'll check when I get home and let you know.

Honored Contributor

@sommertime wrote:

I just "folded" and ordered the TTV in sultry, yeah that's me! lol  Hope I like all the colors, the lipsticks were what I was trying to decide on for the kit, so it was a tough decision.

OT--But who is the host Erin Newburg? is she new to the channel?

Erin has been with them for quite awhile.  She does a lot of the clothing shows.

Esteemed Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Thanks @Chi-town girl, for the review.

With that, I ordered the kit also in Carefree & Casual..... My first one is in Sultry.  Oh my. I could not make a palette color selection anyway, so I did.

The price is really good for this many items, even if shadows alone are going to work for me - it's a good deal!

The other reason for buying - it does not have a foundation! Thank you! very much Dimitri! It's a foundation in make-up I am absolutely NOT interested any longer. And most of TSVs and TTVs have it as main attraction these days. But I am willing to try the Orchid Gel & Brightside for sure. The last time I bought Skinn's make up was years ago, so very curious about how is his make-up today.

Trusted Contributor

I didn't care for either TTV, but I did order the 4-piece Collagenisis set - $186 value for $59.98. 

I wish I could use the Orchid gel but it has lavender and mint in it, two things I'm highly allergic to. 

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Thanks @Chi-town girl, for the review.

With that, I ordered the kit also in Carefree & Casual..... My first one is in Sultry.  Oh my. I could not make a palette color selection anyway, so I did.

The price is really good for this many items, even if shadows alone are going to work for me - it's a good deal!

The other reason for buying - it does not have a foundation! Thank you! very much Dimitri! It's a foundation in make-up I am absolutely NOT interested any longer. And most of TSVs and TTVs have it as main attraction these days. But I am willing to try the Orchid Gel & Brightside for sure. The last time I bought Skinn's make up was years ago, so very curious about how is his make-up today.

@sonechko - yes, this is a very good value TTV. I hope you like all of the items, but even if just those 2 are winners, the rest are like freebies Woman LOL

Please post a review! I use Brightside over my CC or foundation as the triangle of light and it does function as a concealer for areas of redness or breakouts. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

@LipstickdivaThanks for the info on Erin. I have not watched her present with D before seeing her today. Skinn is the only show I watch on Evine, as I don't need any Invicta watches or clothes.Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Ok, was just checking the line up for the 5:00 show. Previously they said the TTV feminine & flirty kit was Sold Out! Now they have it again! I really dislike when they say "only 200 left, sold out etc, then you see they have in another show! Guess it is the high pressure tactics of selling that I have a great disdain for. Come on Dimitri you are better than that! 

Esteemed Contributor

@sommertime wrote:

Ok, was just checking the line up for the 5:00 show. Previously they said the TTV feminine & flirty kit was Sold Out! Now they have it again! I really dislike when they say "only 200 left, sold out etc, then you see they have in another show! Guess it is the high pressure tactics of selling that I have a great disdain for. Come on Dimitri you are better than that! 

@sommertime,  I am looking at this TTV right now and I do see Feminine & Flirty shows as SOLD OUT.

THIS they are not lying about, unless it sells out and sometimes, they make a few phone calls and order more quanities, possibly on a wait list.

When they say x-number is left - it is, and when they say it's sold out, it is also - sold out!

Right now their little counter shows this TTV at 10,600 sold out and counting.....

What you may be seeing available again, just a few items that slipped back into the system after it was sold out. People change their mind, some orders get canceled, some credit cards did not accept the charge, etc. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@HappyDaze  I'm not buying any of the makeup TTV's this time since I have most of everything in the kit and don't really like the Orchid Gel and don't really use traditional eyeliner very much anymore.  I have several Skinn eyeshadow kits and like them.  I have not tried the mascara.  I've tried other Skinn mascara and wasn't impressed so that would make me a little cautious.  But who knows, I may have received a bum tube and this could be a nice surprise.  I like the twinset lipsticks a lot.  They're very handy with the lipstick on one end and a gloss on the other.  You can use them together or separately.  Oh, and there's a mirror on the case, too, which is a convenient addition.  

@JeanLouiseFinch, can you please explain, what you don't like about the Orchid Gel? Thank you in advance!

I did cave in and ordered the TTV in Sultry..... I don't really need any more make-up, but I do want to move towards talc-free shadows, and these look like they made without talc. Hope, the colors are great, can't really figure out what they exactly are.

@sonechko  For me, it just felt weird on my skin and then my foundation didn't lay down nicely on it.  Plus I think it's too siliconey for me because I ended up breaking out with hard acne bumps that I've never had otherwise.

I did the same thing with my eyeshadows. going talc free.  I'm pretty much set with IT and Skinn eyeshadows now.  I've gotten some Skinn palettes on Hautelook for very little money.  I've learned my lesson, not to buy actual skincare that way, but I'm not as concerned about eyeshadows.  I've noticed with the talc free shadows that they are more pigmented without the filler (talc) and all you need to do is touch the brush to the color, no rubbing it around necessary.