Contributor

how to make waist length curly hair as straight as possible

my niece has naturally curly hair; she wants is to be as straight hair as it can be. What do you guys recommend as far as combo of wen products to attain that without using heat?? any suggestions

Trusted Contributor

Re: how to make waist length curly hair as straight as possible

Straightening iron

Respected Contributor

The styling creme and smoothing glossing serum would be good for her to use to get her hair straight. The large boar bristle brush would be great to use to blow her hair out straight with a blow dryer.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor

Without heat totally is hard. Everything, Hilary77 said is correct. It would take a blowout with Chaz's large brushes. Just be sure that she uses the styling crème as a heat protectant first.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Contributor

On 1/11/2014 Hilary77 said: The styling creme and smoothing glossing serum would be good for her to use to get her hair straight. The large boar bristle brush would be great to use to blow her hair out straight with a blow dryer.

Thank you!

We've just used the oils and CC, will have to try those- was hoping for some specials while Chaz is here

Respected Contributor

I found that the Lavender CC had a straightening effect on my natural curls. She could try using that or mixing it in.
Respected Contributor

Calling Cinderella, Cinderella. Is your Fairy God Mother available?

Tomorrow when I wake up I want to be 25 again.

Can't wait so I'm going to bed now!

Respected Contributor

It can't be done, IMO. I hope in time she makes peace with her naturally curly hair like I did. When I was a teen, I used to try to straighten it and even put it all under a hat whenever there was a lot of humidity because that made it go right back to curly. I decided at 16 that it wasn't worth the trouble.

Super Contributor

Back in the '70's girls used to wrap their hair around their head like a super large roller to get straight hair. It wasn't always completelu successful, you had to be super precise about combing it straight and pinning it, but it did leave the hair straight. I remember needing to use a gel (Dippity Do at the time) and a head ccovering at night to keep it in place. An easier option might be using the WEN large brush, mousse and a hair dryer to straighten.

Regular Contributor

On 1/11/2014 EmyEmy said:

my niece has naturally curly hair; she wants is to be as straight hair as it can be. What do you guys recommend as far as combo of wen products to attain that without using heat?? any suggestions

I too have very long bra strap length curly hair. I hate to say this (Chaz in not a fan of these) but Keratin treatments. I only do them 2 times a year but they really help with the frizzies and they help so when I want to straighten my hair, it makes it much easier. I do the one that lasts for about 2-3 months and only during the humid months. They don't take away all of your curl but make it much easier to straighten once you have this done. Honestly this has not damaged my hair but actually helped because I don't need to use hot styling tools when I have the blowout. They cost about $150-175. This is really the only thing I do in the Wen program that is discouraged. Otherwise I am a good Wen girl and follow all of the rules! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} Oh for shine I use the oils EVERY day. I would say besides the CC's this is what has really helped transform my hair!