Respected Contributor

I bought a wig a few years ago at a shop and don't wear it because it always feels like it is moving up.  This morning I decided to cut most of the hair I have left and wear the wig.  Any tips or advice?  I was never a girly girl and my real hair was wash and wear style.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: hey wig wearer

[ Edited ]

@traveler wrote:

I bought a wig a few years ago at a shop and don't wear it because it always feels like it is moving up.  This morning I decided to cut most of the hair I have left and wear the wig.  Any tips or advice?  I was never a girly girl and my real hair was wash and wear style.

@traveler

YouTube has interesting video(s) about making your new hair feel like yours.

Honored Contributor

Re: hey wig wearer

[ Edited ]

That's what I'm doing too. I have sideburns that look like George C. Scott in a Christmas Carol, so I have them cut almost to stubble. I can wear my gray wigs if they stick out, but not a happy look with my blonde wigs.

Is your wig adjustable? Try changing the sizes, both larger and smaller. You may be surprised to find that a size that you didn't think would work is better than what you were doing 

Wigs have changed my life. I hope you enjoy yours when you get it figured out!

Respected Contributor

You can get a Comfy-grip band or a tacky roll-on (forget the name. Worth a try.  Both give grip to the wig.  Vogue, Wigs.c-m even Amazon has them.  Do check Youtube first to see how these work and if gyou think they would help. Good-luck!

Frequent Contributor

I've worn a wig for several years because of hair loss thanks to my thyroid.  I use about 4 bobby pins to pin it on securely and it won't slide around on it's own, you will have to tug on it to move it. What hair I have left I twist into a bun on each side of my head and another in the lower back of the head and pin the wig into the buns.

It's important that you do have the correct size.  Most are adjustable.  I wear a large but as the wig relaxes I can tighten it.

Respected Contributor

Just stopping by to say thank you to all the people who replied.