Contributor

for those of you who prefer to...

...make your own favorite CLAY-based facial masks : you might want to take a look at fromnaturewithlove dot com -- FNWL, for short.

Nice selection of 'different' type clays which may not be readily (or affordably) available in premade/commercial masks.

Also clear simple info on what skin type(s) each clay is good (or not good) for.

For example : normal, sensitive &/or dry skin often may not do well with commercially prepared masks because they're usually formulated for oily skin & many use the same one type of clay. .... Well, I've always had "normal" skintype --- only very occasionally either slightly dry or slightly oily... most often because of unusually hot or cold weather, sometimes from experimenting with too many face products haha don't we all!Smiley Happy. And now of course it's also what's kindly called (ahem) "mature" skin.

In the past (& pretty much still now, I suspect) , the most commonly available drugstore / organic store clay -- not premade mask, just powdered clay -- was the 'French green' or the 'Aztec green'. I could use it but have to put in considerably more raw apple cider vinegar &/or honey &/or yogurt (or whatever) than clay... verry messy... lol

Anyway! Maybe some of you can find clays more suited to *your* particular skin type or skin situations at FNWL.

If anyone else knows of other good, responsible sources for 'different' powdered clay bases to make your own facial masks -- or sources for interesting/helpful other things to put in them -- I'd love to hear about them. Or if you have any particular condition-specific or skintype-specific ingredients or 'recipes' for selfmade clay masks.