Contributor

I have extremely dry eyes. I also get a lot of irritations from certain brands of eye makeup. Recently I discovered one of my biggest problems is powder. That means powder eye shadow too. Apparently it clogs my ducts as well as just irritates my eyes. I can't wear powder to set my makeup either! I hope this helps someone with dry eyes because for a long time I wondered why eye shadow caused me problems.

If anyone has a suggestion for dry eye help (not things generally on the market...I have them all even prescription) please post. Or if you know something that irritates your eyes and no one ever mentioned it before...now is the time to tell all!

Honored Contributor

I have horribly dry eyes and I am really liking the eye shadow sticks, I know that Bobbi Brown has some and Sephora has their store brand

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Contributor

Hi Used to be...

I definately will try that. OMY I just realized I spelled dry badly!!! Sorry. What do you use and like for treatment for your eyes?

Respected Contributor

I have dry eye too, and agree that powders are a huge issue. I use BB cream shadow now, and no face powder except for extra special times. If a makeup item irritates my eyes, I don't even try it again, it's history. I'm doing great finally, but it took awhile to figure out the culprits.

BE powdered foundation was the worst, but I imagine now with so many powdered foundation choices, many would be irritating.

Respected Contributor

I have a unique issue with one eye & many cosmetics & skin care products irritate it, so I feel for your problem. Due to this problem, the one eye is always dry so I like to use Refresh Optive Sensitive Lubricant Eye Drops. It comes in individual dose ampules, which makes it easy to carry some along with me in my purse, keep at work, etc.

Contributor

Hi Author,

I loved BE powder foundation for my skin because I have an issue matching colors in addition to the eye irritation but I now have a whole box of their products I don't use. Thanks for comiserating with me.

I used to be a beauty junkie but due to the eye problems I am really picky and stick with just a few products.

Contributor

Hi V Camp,

I went to nursing school with a V Camp...your not from Delaware areyou??

I tried Refresh and it was ok for carrying in my purse but I could really use something for those really bad days LOL. I get so dry at malls and even big box stores.

Respected Contributor

My eyes are dry and sensitive too. The worst culprit is glitter in liners and shadows. Really hard to find colors without shimmer even when they say it's matte. Usually if you look close there is still some shimmer. I wore Tarte liner and mousse shadow today (both shimmer)and my eyes have been bothering me since I put it all on (but they look good)! ITA that stick or cream shadows are safer than powders. I do use powder blush and foundation and usually that is okay.

Honored Contributor
On 2/20/2014 zinky said:

Hi Used to be...

I definately will try that. OMY I just realized I spelled dry badly!!! Sorry. What do you use and like for treatment for your eyes?

I have tried Restatis twice and no help, my eye doc put in removable punctal plugs a few weeks back and my eyes are still dry so I am on a taper down of Alrex I also use Thera tears but they are still dry, the cold Winter and having the heat on often is very drying

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.