New Contributor
I purchased the "IT" CC+ illumination color correcting full coverage cream. It came with a application brush.My question is how do I clean the brush after each use? If I wash it each time it will not dry in time for the next use. Any suggestions.
Valued Contributor

If you're going to clean it each day after you use it I would get one of those spray type brush cleaner that you can spray either directly onto the brush or on a paper towel and then wipe the bristle clean. This method will be dry by the next day but isn't the deep clean you should do about once a month. Many cosmetic companies have these spray type of brush cleaners. I use one from Clinique. HTH 

Honored Contributor

@su z q...while traveling during the Christmas holidays I received some of the best advice I've ever received for cleaning make up brushes .  I had gone to a local Ulta to buy the new IT brush cleaner and they were out.  The young lady working there said I really don't need it all I need to do is buy some rubbing alcohol and buy a small travel size spray bottle and fill it up and lightly spray your brush and get a Kleenex and gently wipe it off until it all comes out clean. WOW!  It works like a champ! Quite inexpensive, too!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
New Contributor
THANK YOU.
Honored Contributor

I take a medicine cup and put a squeeze of baby shampoo in it with some water and put the foundation brush in and keep repeating with shampoo and water until the brush water is pretty clear. After that, I pat the brush with a towel and then I lay the brush on its side so any remaining water doesn't run into the center of the bristles where they attach to the handle. I clean my foundation brush once a week.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

I use unscented baby wipes to quickly clean my brushes afrer each use. And when I do wash my foundation brush......I put some baby shampoo on it.....and then rub it around on a wet sponge. That's the only thing I've found that takes off liquid foundation. I think I saw it demonstrated on youtube. I was amazed how well it worked!

Respected Contributor

Rubbing Alcohol dries out things.  Tried the IT brush cleaner but went back to blue Dawn dish soap in a paper cup to clean my IT concealer brush until water is clear.  Works perfectly with no damage to the bristles.  Safe for cleaning the waterfowl after the Exxon oil spill in Alaska, safe for makeup brushes.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

I use Paula's Choice Hair & Body Shampoo to wash my brushes.  It is gentle and doesn't damage the brushes.  I would think that Dawn Dishwashing Liquid would be damaging or any other dish detergent.  I think a baby shampoo would be much better.

New Contributor
Thank you all for your suggestions.
Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

I take a medicine cup and put a squeeze of baby shampoo in it with some water and put the foundation brush in and keep repeating with shampoo and water until the brush water is pretty clear. After that, I pat the brush with a towel and then I lay the brush on its side so any remaining water doesn't run into the center of the bristles where they attach to the handle. I clean my foundation brush once a week.

I also clean mine with plain shampoo.  Once a week too, and until I clean it, I keep my brush in a plastic bag after use.