Honored Contributor

Re: can someone ask skinn a question for me?

His factory is in the Los Angeles area.....and it's EXPENSIVE there..............

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Dimitri makes a good living - why can't he hire more office staff?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

His company is in Torrance, CA.

I think that one of the most important aspects of a customer-driven company is that they respond to their customers in a timely fashion. I do not believe that they would have to raise their prices in order to do so, especially since this company always talks about how they keep packaging simple and avoid advertising costs.  A company should never skimp on customer service.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@moonandthestars @Lucky Duck

If that is how a manufacturer treats their customer, I would not touch their products w/a 10 foot pole.

@Mz iMac  Sounds like Doris Dalton's company and I don't, touch them.  Too many old, stale products.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Dimitri makes a good living - why can't he hire more office staff?

That is the question I have.  Not returning customers emails or calls about your products shows very poor judgement and is plain RUDE.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

His company is in Torrance, CA.

I think that one of the most important aspects of a customer-driven company is that they respond to their customers in a timely fashion. I do not believe that they would have to raise their prices in order to do so, especially since this company always talks about how they keep packaging simple and avoid advertising costs.  A company should never skimp on customer service.

EXACTLY. Case closed.

Respected Contributor

I also wrote to them a few times asking about products. Never heard back. Besides, I recently tried 3 products that just haven't performed well at all on me. Very disappointing. Doubt I'll bother with this line anymore. If I were you..I'd go into a salon or beauty supply and get assistance on what's best for your hair.
Honored Contributor

I'm sorry to read of the disappointment with the Skinn Customer Service area.  The only time I've had to contact them was at the very beginning of me starting with Skinn products.  Very early on, the caps on several products were cracking all around the rim.  At the time, being new to the line, I didn't know that Dimitri doesn't use expensive packaging in order to keep costs down for the customer.  Anyway, I emailed the company asking for a few replacement caps.  To my surprise, they sent me replacement products! It was far above and beyond what I asked and I felt it was excellent customer service.  I don't think I had to wait very long for a response either.

Esteemed Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

Yes, well, I do understand they are busy.  But it's been about 10 days now (maybe even more) and I haven't heard anything - not by phone or email.  It's frustrating.

That is ridiculous. I can understand not receiving a phone call or email within 24 hours but IMO anything after that is not acceptable. He needs to hire more staff if that is the case. If I had been trying to get a hold of a company for that long without a response, that would be my last purchase from them. Sorry about your experience @moonandthestars and I hope you get your answer soon.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Duck wrote:

Good luck getting ahold of someone at Skinn.  You have to leave your name and phone # and hope someone will return your call.  It can take days or NEVER. 

NEVER!

Respected Contributor

Thank you Krissy for posting the question on Skinn's facebook! Very appreciated.

Did you happen to hear anything back yet?

@Krissy_1968 wrote:

I asked for you on Skinn FB @moonandthestars...soon as I get an answer I will let you know...but looking at his ingredient decks, I would think they are safe for keratin treated (braziallian right?) hair...

As for Skinn CS, I have never contacted them but know it is a small family run center...while most of his business is his shopping channels in 7 various countries...he could hire more help but then he would have to raise his prices Woman Indifferent