Valued Contributor

I bought IT Pretty in Summer eyeshadow trio. When I apply it, I see next to nothing! I don't have oily eyelids. For anyone who uses IT eyeshadows, do you find you need an eyeshadow primer before you use this product? I am 76 and have combination skin.

Honored Contributor

@elruth wrote:

I bought IT Pretty in Summer eyeshadow trio. When I apply it, I see next to nothing! I don't have oily eyelids. For anyone who uses IT eyeshadows, do you find you need an eyeshadow primer before you use this product? I am 76 and have combination skin.

I own several of the IT eyeshadows.  I like that they're talc free, but some are not very highly pigmented and just too light to show.  I do use a primer with all of my eyeshadows.  I've tried a few and these days I'm using Skinn Plasma Fusion Eyeshadow Primer and Setting Veil.  It work really well, but you have to get used to the veil being so lightweight and flyaway.

Respected Contributor

I purchased the iT Naturally Pretty Vol. 1 Matte Lux Eyeshadow Palette last year for about $40 which came with a great dual ended brush.  As far as a primer,  I use Laura Mercier Eye Basics in Wheat, it's creaseproof and water resistant, blends easily with a semi matte finish, enhances eyeshadow pigment and sets your shadow for at least 12 hrs of wear.

Respected Contributor

Trish McEvoy......a little $$$, but a little goes a long way.

Super Contributor

I don't use the it eyeshadows but I will say...I watch a lot of beauty vloggers and not one has ever said anything great about their eyeshadows. 

For a primer I am really liking the Lorac eyeshadow primer.

Respected Contributor

I like the primer from Bare minerals.  Works great for my oily eyelids.

Super Contributor

just started using bareescentuals 5 in 1 eye shadow/primer/antiaging/+

like it!

Honored Contributor

This is the best one I've ever used.

2591033.JPG

Valued Contributor

My favorite used to be UD Shadow Primer Potion until I tried NARS.  Then that was my favorite until I tried Wet n Wild Photo Focus Eyeshadow Primer.  It is every bit as good as my old favorites.  It only takes a small amount, which makes it even better.  Good luck finding something you love!  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

This is the best one I've ever used.

2591033.JPG

The Original one I use and another one I liked is Benefit's Air Patrol.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼