Honored Contributor

The reason I ask is Project Runway is using their makeup again this season.   I checked prices and they are very reasonable.  I was wondering what their CC crean is like and their medium liquid foundation & also their powder to cream foundation.  If you use Mary Kay, let's hear from you.  Cat HappyCat HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Contributor

Re: any one a Mary Kay girl???

I use to use Mary Kay but haven't found a rep in my new area.  I liked their products.  Speaking of Project Runway, I saw it tonight.  I don't understand how the judges judge.  Candace got robbed.  The winner's garmet was hideous and they admitted poorly made. 

Honored Contributor

@April wrote:

I use to use Mary Kay but haven't found a rep in my new area.  I liked their products.  Speaking of Project Runway, I saw it tonight.  I don't understand how the judges judge.  Candace got robbed.  The winner's garmet was hideous and they admitted poorly made. 

Yes, I agree, the winner's dress was hideous.  This should prove to be an interesting season.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wear none of their products because I believe they don't wear (last) well, they tend to fade away on me. I also am concerned about the purity and quality of their contents.

If you are a fan, please don't defend them concerning my comment. 

This is my personal experience. I could not care less about how it works on others as I can't purchase any.

Saw it on Project Runway. It reminded of my bad experiences with all Mary Kay items.

Super Contributor

I've been using Mary Kay for about 15 years since they came out with the Miracle Set, a skin care regimen that was easy to comply with.  I used to use Estée Lauder and Clinique, but have found the Mary Kay products to be so much more reasonably priced  and equally effective.  I do use the CC cream.  Since it's the only CC that I've used, I can't compare, but I like it.  I used to use the medium cream foundation, but I prefer the light feel of theCC.  Mary Kay does have a try before you buy and a try it or return it policy, so you would be safe giving the products a try.  I would say, though, that you may want to be very firm upfront with your rep that you just want to be a customer and have zero interest in joining the company, unless you would like to do so.  Make it on your terms from the start and you should be fine. 

Respected Contributor

Mary Kay causes so much irritation to my skin, I refuse to even try it on my hands.  For me it was the worst skin care & makeup ever.  Way over priced.

Respected Contributor

I like:

the SatinHands hand cream--soaks in easily, not greasy.

the Eye Makeup Remover--takes off everything quick and easy! I don't use waterproof mascara, so I don't know how it works on that.

I really like the CC cream! It is light-to-medium coverage, not at all greasy, doesn't irritate my skin, and is long-wearing. I do use Laura Geller's Spackle under it. I put it on around 7 a.m. and it's still there when I take my makeup off around 9 p.m.

Respected Contributor

I like the Satin Hands kit. I always put it on my Christmas List! Used to use the whole line but that was years ago.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

My mom was a Mary K rep and she talked me into it so I did it for awhile (another story -- they teach the hard sell).

She took me to a store when I was 16 because she was tired of me buying stuff from the dime store that turned orange.  The deal we made was that she would purchase the whole set if I only used MK. (this was 30 years before she became a rep)

I have used the Cleansing Cream (formula 1) for 50 years.  Will stay with it -- it does the job perfectly!

Have never been able to use the "freshener" (toner)

Used the creamy foundation for 20 years and then my skin became intolerant of it... so I never use MK foundation.

Used the mask for years... (Miracol) and when I sold it in my first job at a shop for $1.00 per hour (!), I used the miracol every day and had the most beautiful skin ever.

The night cream formula 1 (orange) we use at home here for the direst of dry skin problems.  HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

My best friend sells MK but I still don't use it.  I just received a new catelog and there was a model on a page advertising the 2 piece Timewise system.  I absolutely loved the lip color she had on and of course, they don't say what it is.

I texted my BFF and she didn't know so she texted her director.  Her director isn't positive of the color and said it could be......and went on to list various combinations. 

Forget it.  I'm not buying stuff trying to figure out the color.  I'm just passing.