Trusted Contributor

Thank you crush for taking the time to consider the significance of the host's performance.  The objection is to the unadulterated narcissism displayed . " I, I, I, me, me me, look at me, hear me, admire me " spills over into every aspect of this host's , and a few others',  deliveries.  They ignore the viewers, interrupt guests' presentations, stand apart and in front, blocking the camera's  shot of guest and models alike.  Every train of thought is diverted to focus on them. The need to take responsibility for sourcing and pricing and availability of products reveals a power/status- hungry ego with no regard for social boundaries.

In the early days the focus was on the customer.  Things have changed.  One of the most glaring examples of devaluation of the customer is the failure to filter out this particular host's quasi religious dissertations .  Unless we have all declared our religious preferences and affiliations our citizenship shelters us from unsolicited sermons, proselytizing.  Yet not only are we subjected to the bizarre convolutions of "my faith" but we are asked to serve as therapists, a captive audience for the working out of personal conflict all under the guise of jewelry sales.  I would rather go back to the days when the Cross was never offered for sale than suffer through marketing the Cross as a fashion statement or the confused amalgamation of New Age, mysticism , Astrology and Christianity.  So far the Star of David has not been so despoiled . 

I. I, I, me, me and the other me, my needs, my preferences, my theology, my goods.........  Where are you in all of this ?  Does what you want matter anymore ?  

Trusted Contributor

Oh the drama over a shopping channel. Seriously now, this is not a big deal in the larger scheme of things. It is a sales technique and to take personal offense is a bit much.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

It seems to me the OP is searching and stretching for a way to pick at a host she doesn't like. Very childish IMO.