Regular Contributor

Re: Yellow-toned foundation for dry and sensitive skin?

@LuluOnBeauty The YSL Touche Eclat is one of my favorites! A few months ago I got a sample from Sephora and it's beautiful but they discontinued that foundation and came out with a new one. I'd love to get a sample of the new one, but some people say it's much more drying.

@doglover3 Ulta is pretty close by, so I'm definitely going to try the Mally. I checked into it and it does look good. Maybe the fair would be a good match, if it's not too light.

Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to check out the Bobbi Brown and the rest you all mentioned. Sephora and Nordstrom aren't close but maybe I can make a trip out of it!

Super Contributor

I'm using the Doll 10 Concealer in Medium, and the Laura Gellar Baked Elements Powder Foundation.  Quick and easy and my skin has been very dry lately, and it looks great!  Feels like nothing on.  I have medium/olive skin.  No pink undertones at all.

Regular Contributor

@ladygirlThe Laura Geller Baked Elements Powder looks really nice but where do you buy it besides QVC (has the brush with it and more expensive)? Ulta has the Balance n' Brighten but that one has talc in it.

Honored Contributor

@Violet Fields, a google search shows that it is sold through QVC and Laura Geller's site.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

@suzyQ3Thanks, but I was just hoping for somewhere to go check it out in person. Maybe only at the QVC store though.

Respected Contributor

@Violet Fields wrote:

@LuluOnBeauty The YSL Touche Eclat is one of my favorites! A few months ago I got a sample from Sephora and it's beautiful but they discontinued that foundation and came out with a new one. I'd love to get a sample of the new one, but some people say it's much more drying.

@doglover3 Ulta is pretty close by, so I'm definitely going to try the Mally. I checked into it and it does look good. Maybe the fair would be a good match, if it's not too light.

Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to check out the Bobbi Brown and the rest you all mentioned. Sephora and Nordstrom aren't close but maybe I can make a trip out of it!

not only the fair in Mally defender bb but check the light medium as well, just a tad difference and if the light is just a tad too light the light medium is perfect, is for me and I wear light in most foundations but in this, light medium which I am glad some have a light medium.

Super Contributor

I got the Laura Gellar baked elements foundation on ebay!  Much cheaper.  Just have to keep looking for your shade!

Frequent Contributor

I find that Clinique foundations have a lot of yellow in them, except for usually the lightest shade which typically has pink undertones.  I love Clinique as there is no fragrance and is made for sensitive skins.

Contributor

I, too, have allergies, but I think it is a few things that are used in a lot of things.  I am extremely sensitive to silicone, which is put in anything from food to coating  dishes/cookware to cosmetics to building materials, etc.  I have found Bare Minerals BARESKIN 04 Bare Ivory  works for me.  Once I had it streak, but then I remembered to shake it as well as  swirl the brush as I was applying and it hasn't happened again...that I know of.

Good luck. 

Regular Contributor

Thanks again for your replies! I have tried Clinique and Bareminerals and they don't work out for me. If I remember correctly (tried so many!), they were breaking me out.

@doglover3Over the weekend I bought the Mally Face Defender BB cream in light and have been trying that out. So far, it doesn't seem to irritate my skin, but the color is too light, like you said. The next time I go to Ulta, I'll try the light medium shade. The coverage seems really light but maybe would be better with the right color.

@ladygirlThanks! I'll check ebay because that foundation looks really nice, if it's hydrating. I'm wondering too if a powder might look less patchy.