Valued Contributor

Re: Yellow-toned foundation for dry and sensitive skin?

OP, I recommend the Tarte Amazonian clay foundation.  The biggest complaint about this line is that it is yellow based, and that would be my comment.  However, it still leaves a nice finish and I do not find it drying.  Clay might imply that it is too dry, but it really isn't.  For me, not this is not the first foundation I grab because it is too yellow for my more cool toned skin, and I have to be a little clever with bronzers etc. so I need time to work with it.

But I do not throw it out because of the coverage and that even now in the middle of winter I am not picking at dry skin on my face (I have combination skin). 

Respected Contributor

I just saw an ad on TV this evening advertising CG & OOO combined for the newer version of Ageless that use to only come in compact form(cream) and now comes in a pump bottle.

I tried the cream but cream is not for me,  takes longer to put on but I just may try the newer version in the pump bottle. It looks like swirls when you see it through the glass or plastic bottle.

It is for dry skin which I do have, dry and somewhat sensitive skin.

I do really like this latest IT compact cushion foundation and did go on AD for it but only like the foundation and blush and the blush will last a long time.

I really don't want or like to spend $40 for a foundation so I may look into this newer version of CG and Olay one since I like both lines and use nothing but Oil of Olay on my face which works the best for me of anything.

The Mally defender bb foundation is also very nice but again, $40 or $45. Mally runs very light.

I was using and really liking the L'Oreal tru match lumi in 3n ans was and still am very happy with this, very very nice and lasts on a long time. You can get a yellow base in this as well, comes in many shades.

Regular Contributor

@ajsidney12A few weeks ago in Ulta I was looking at the Tarte Amazonian clay foundation and yes, it is yellow and would be good for my redness. The SA steered me away from that because she said it would be too drying for me. So I tried one from Benefit, which didn't work out.

@doglover3I haven't seen that ad yet and will try looking the CG and OOO blend up. I haven't tried the Loreal either and will look that one up also as well. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

@Violet Fields wrote:

@ajsidney12A few weeks ago in Ulta I was looking at the Tarte Amazonian clay foundation and yes, it is yellow and would be good for my redness. The SA steered me away from that because she said it would be too drying for me. So I tried one from Benefit, which didn't work out.

@doglover3I haven't seen that ad yet and will try looking the CG and OOO blend up. I haven't tried the Loreal either and will look that one up also as well. Thanks

Violet Fields, yes, look at the L'Oreal tru match lumi. I normally am light and get light in most things other than Mally which I need light medium or even medium. I had light in the IT CC cream foundation but that was super heavy on my face, felt like I had a mask on all the time, sent it back but the light color was   good. In this latest IT cushion compact I need her medium.

In the L'Oreal Tru Match Lumi 3n is perfect for my light complexion. I probably could have used 2n but got 3n and it is very good.

I too want to check out this newer version of the CG & OOO Ageless in the pump bottle(prefer a pump bottle) and hope they have nice colors.

Says it doesn't settle into or show up fine lines or pores and is also good for sensitive skin.

For normal to normal/dry to dry skin.

Regular Contributor

Over the past couple of days I've been trying out Stila Aqua Glow Serum Foundation and so far it's pretty good! Ulta has it and I got the light shade. Light is pretty yellow but the foundation isn't heavy at all so it sheers out and blends into my skin and covers the redness pretty well. For a fuller coverage, I'd have to wear a little concealer, like maybe for the nose. It's a little patchy over my nose and cheeks but I think it's because of the sunscreen I'm using (COTZ sensitive). The sunscreen is kind of greasy, so a drier sunscreen would probably make the foundation sit better. So far no breakouts!

Respected Contributor

@Violet Fields wrote:

Over the past couple of days I've been trying out Stila Aqua Glow Serum Foundation and so far it's pretty good! Ulta has it and I got the light shade. Light is pretty yellow but the foundation isn't heavy at all so it sheers out and blends into my skin and covers the redness pretty well. For a fuller coverage, I'd have to wear a little concealer, like maybe for the nose. It's a little patchy over my nose and cheeks but I think it's because of the sunscreen I'm using (COTZ sensitive). The sunscreen is kind of greasy, so a drier sunscreen would probably make the foundation sit better. So far no breakouts!

Violet Fields, if you like a serum foundation, have you tried the BE serum foundation? That is very nice. I used that when it first came out, got it in Bare Shell. The colors are hard. I went to Ulta 3 times to be color matched before I was happy with that they suggested. First was bare linen, too yellow and too dark, forget what the next one suggested but on the third visit I got 2 clerks at one time and they took their time and between the 3 of us we found Bare Shell was best for me.

I don't care much for the brush you are suppose to use but most love it. I use my Real Techniques Expert Face brush and use as they suggest, put a drop or up to 3 on the tip of the brush, dot around your face than blend in well, nice, soft and sheer but is buildable.

Regular Contributor

@doglover3I tried Bare Minerals Serum Foundation and had to take it back because it was breaking me out. I wish I knew which ingredient my skin didn't like! I'm pretty sure i got it in Bare Shell too. Wow, you were lucky to get 2 clerks at the same time! Sometimes it's hard to find anyone to help. I used the Stila foundation today and it's kind of blotchy looking. Maybe I just have to find the right way to apply it. Oh boy, I hope that's the case!

Respected Contributor

Violet Fields, I stopped using it because I thought on me it was a bit greasy after a little while even though I do have dry skin. I do like a slight dewy look but not greasy or shiny. So far the L 'Oreal tru match lumi in 3n seems to be perfect for me.

I did order and like as I posted the newer IT cushion compact foundation but once I would have to pay full price I don't think it is a good buy for what you get plus the L'Oreal tru match lumi really does look better on me or so everyone tells me, lol.

I have a Stila brow marker that I love, actually have 2 I love, this Stila and the LG tri tip, love both. Since I have no brows at all from the center, no tails at all, powders, gels, waxes etc don't work for me and pencils look too drawn on where these brow markers look like real brow hairs on me and goes on quickly, looks natural and really last till I wash them off.