Honored Contributor

I have the old Tova signature perfume I have been eeking out, as well as the old Body Mind and spirit.  I just bought the new Tova scent last month to compare it to my old.  It is a pretty good match for my nose.   I don't think it is as bad as some make it to be.  But that is just me, perfume is different on everyone!  I spray the signature on  before I go to bed on my jamas. It is just a healing, relaxing scent to me.I can smell it on my pillow case, and sheet days after.    I smell the scent when I go to do laundry on my jamas .  It does last.

However I have had a problem with the Tova Nights lotion.  OMG, the lotion smells like parafin wax, it has no scent at all. None.  I wonder if it was a bad batch?  I bought it a month ago.  It is the lotion only.  It is like they forgot to add scent to the unscented lotion.

Respected Contributor

Just recently purchased the Signature Layering Set and loved that so much went and got Signature Summer. Love them both and never had the original ever. So it's all new to me!

My signature scent for many years was Jovan Grass Oil  for Women. It contained civet oil. Now the civet cats are protected and they cannot make a synthetic to match. Switched to Chanel 19. Now it is only produced and carried for the Chanel boutiques, no more major department stores. So I guess everything runs a course and if it becomes too expensive to make it goes away or changes in some fashion.

I am getting lots of compliments on Tova!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

Why would someone drag up a thread from last October?  Can't you start a new one if you want to gripe about Tova?

Honored Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

Just recently purchased the Signature Layering Set and loved that so much went and got Signature Summer. Love them both and never had the original ever. So it's all new to me!

My signature scent for many years was Jovan Grass Oil  for Women. It contained civet oil. Now the civet cats are protected and they cannot make a synthetic to match. Switched to Chanel 19. Now it is only produced and carried for the Chanel boutiques, no more major department stores. So I guess everything runs a course and if it becomes too expensive to make it goes away or changes in some fashion.

I am getting lots of compliments on Tova!

OMG, I am amazed.  I am a fan of the old Jovan Grass oil. It was my scent for years. !!! When it was gone, I was devastated.  A few years ago someone on this board recommended Grass by Marc Jacobs.  It was as close to the Jovan Grass oil as I would ever get!  Then it was retired.  I bought several bottles a few years ao on ebay, and am still enjoying it. You can still find a bottle or so, but it is expensive!

Trusted Contributor

Have a question for you nice ladies! A few years back, not too long ago,  Tova was offered in a special promotion that was packaged in a lovely bottle in a purple packaging and for the life of me I can't recall the name. It was still the Tova Signature, but for some reason, it smelt heavenly. Does anyone remember this? It was a special for the holidays, I am not talking about Private Reserve (I still have almost a full bottle of that one, yay!) This was a gorgeous shaped bottle, purple packaging, and I am kicking myself for not buying a second set. Does anybody remember this? I have drawn a blank. 

Trusted Contributor
TexasMom, it was the Signature Platinum..I purchased two of them. Tova offers the Platinumon her website. Hope this helps
Regular Contributor

Re: YES, TOVA.........

[ Edited ]

Refering to the "snotty salesperson" phrase...I went to a Von Maur one week just so I could smell Tom Ford's many fragrances out of curiousity and I was treated as if I were a queen and had all the money in the world and the sales person knew I was not going to buy since I told her my daughter and I were just curious about Tom Ford. So I am so happy that there are stores that have changed the attitude of some of it's sales staff. Now I feel the NEED to go and buy from this lady! I cannot afford Tom Ford either. But she created a lovely atmosphere and we had so much fun she and I and my daughter just smelling to our hearts content. I think she was a perfume lover like we all are here. So Von Maur OKC is the place to go!!!! Smiley Very Happy   

But let me say TOVA is absolutely wonderful just as it is right now really. no really it is!

"Life finds a way." --- Ian Malcom Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor

okay I AM whining...I also luved it and was one of the many protesting the new version a few years back...  and I'm still not happy about it!   sometimes something is worth fighting for and old tova was one of them!!     whine on! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Thanks nrm for the help! I just drew a blank when it came to Tova Platinum! Maybe it will be brought back for this holiday season. 

Frequent Contributor

I just bought and recieved from Tova's website her Tova Platinum EDP. It's wonderful and long lasting. I wish QVC would offer it here. They used to years ago.