Occasional Contributor

Wow...Ulta sold me an expired product!

Ok, so about a month ago, I bought the Makeup Optional Kit from Ulta online. After using it these past weeks, it's made my face break out so bad that I've decided to return it. So, I'm putting the products back in their original packaging, blah, blah, blah. So then I notice this small sticker on the side. It reads: EXP: 09-10.

I'm assuming that it means the products expired in September of 2010. I was sold the kit in December.

WOW!!! Seriously Ulta?? Shame on me for not looking, but I guess I just assume when you buy from someplace like Ulta, they make sure they are not mailing out spoiled products. I guess I will know next time!

These are getting returned immediately, and they are gonna hear it from me!

Re: Wow...Ulta sold me an expired product!

A few days ago a bought shampoo and conditioner at ULTA. When I got home looked up the expiration date both were expired. So I looked up several other hair products I have got there this year. Every thing I have ever bought from there was expired! What a crock!! I will never buy any hair products or make-up there again!!
Honored Contributor

It appears that these are Ulta Brand products; they don't do a great job of going through their name brand stock (especially if coming from a warehouse). I check the date before buying because of this.

That said, OTHER brands sold at Ulta have never posed a problem for me when it comes to this. Perhaps those vendors have a system in place to remove items from the shelves at certain dates; don't know.

Hope you were able to return it for a refund!!

Honored Contributor

Doesn't anyone else find it odd that a new poster pulled up a thread from January 2011?

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Doesn't anyone else find it odd that a new poster pulled up a thread from January 2011?

@JeanLouiseFinch Yes, very strange.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It really should be mandatory that all makeup, toiletries, shampoos, etc. have an expiration date on them.  Someone at ULTA should be checking expiration dates on the shelves.  I would be very upset too.   Cat Happy

You are so observant to notice that the thread is old and brought up now.  Strange to say the least.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Not necessarily.  If s/he did a search on the subject it brought up whatever was there.   Many times if I search to see if there is a topic already discussed they are old threads.