Honored Contributor

Would like recommendations for a light pink nail color

I would like a new nail color --- a light pink -- I am thinking creme.  I want to find a shade for my go-to color.  I haven't been wearing polish for awhile and decided I just want to find a shade to wear every day, just to brighten my hands and nails.  I am very fair, so want a shade that has some color, but don't want anything dark, not like a fuschia pink or anything.  If you have recommendatiions for even ones with a little glimmer that would be o.k., too.  I am wearing my nails very short.  Decided I no longer want to deal with long nails.  Short is better for me.

Thank you very much for your recommendations!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: Would like recommendations for a light pink nail color

Do you want sheer or more opaque?
Trusted Contributor

Hi,  I have 2 that are my 'go to' polishes for everyday.  Wet-n-Wild Megalast in Sugar Coat and OPI Bubble Bath.   Both are very light pink creams with no shimmer.   I use one coat for a sheer look.  It's just enough to brighten my nails and make them look fresh and finished.  2 coats will make it more opaque and a nice soft pink.  I'm usually wearing one of these when I dont' want any color on my nails.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Knit-Chick wrote:

Hi,  I have 2 that are my 'go to' polishes for everyday.  Wet-n-Wild Megalast in Sugar Coat and OPI Bubble Bath.   Both are very light pink creams with no shimmer.   I use one coat for a sheer look.  It's just enough to brighten my nails and make them look fresh and finished.  2 coats will make it more opaque and a nice soft pink.  I'm usually wearing one of these when I dont' want any color on my nails.

Hope that helps Smiley Happy

Bubble Bath looks great.  I may need to pick up a bottle.  I love Essie but some of their pale pinks are a little too sheer even with three coats.  They are beautiful for French Manicures of course, but not for a pale pink.  I'm going to look for Bubble Bath the next time I'm out.  

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you are more cool toned, I highly recommend OPI Aphrodite's Nightie!

It is a pearlized mauve creme, and one coat gives full coverage.

Honored Contributor

Sheer Pinks: Essie Sugar Daddy or Hi Maintenance or OPI Bubble Bath are favorites. OPI just released their popular Nail Envy treatment in several popular shades and Bubble Bath is one of them. I'm wearing it today. It takes me three coats to get almost opaque and I still have Visible Nail Line, but it's a lovely shade. Two coats looks nice and is sheer and pale enough that chips are barely noticeable, so that's nice.

Opaque Pinks: Revlon ColorStay Gel Envy polish in Beginner's Luck. This one needs a special top coat, but these colors last longer than regular nail polish and you should be able to get 7-10 days wear without trouble. You can also use the special ColorStay topcoat on other polishes, so it's not a waste. My favorite opaque pale pink is Something Sweet, by China Glaze. You should be able to find it on Amazon or at Sally Beauty. 

Sparkly Pinks: Deborah Lippmann Dream a Little Dream of Me or La Vie En Rose. Dream a Little Dream of Me is a translucent pink tint with blue shimmer. It gives a nice sparkle to nails on its own or looks great over any of the other colors mentioned. It's not a glitter, isn't over the top, and is easier to remove than a glitter. I love this one. La Vie En Rose is a milky pale pink with copper/gold shimmer. It's a lovely and subtle sparkle.

Trusted Contributor

I second the suggestion for OPI Aphrodite's Pink Nightie.  It is my go-to nail color and my all-time favorite from ANY brand.  I think it's discontinued now, but you can get it on E-Bay because that's where I always get mine!

Respected Contributor

OPI Privacy Please

I've also heard Essie Ballet Slippers is nice.

Honored Contributor

I love a good pale pink! Try Sally Hanson's Insta Dri Petal Pusher.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

OPI Pedal Faster Suzi. This is a light pink shade with shimmer but it's nice on short nails. My favorite color of nail polish.

OPI In the Spotlight Pink. A light pink shade

OPI Rosy Future. A light shimmer pink shade.