Esteemed Contributor

Re: Would You Spend $55.00 for a Tube of Lipstick?

@RedConvertibleGirl wrote:

Why would someone enlarge the photo of her?  Just to see if there was something to pick apart?  And I didn't even notice the dark liner until someone pointed it out, it's a fairly good match IMO.

I zoomed in the photo to see what brand the lipstick she was holding was but didn't see any brand on the lipstick. I didn't know it was Tatcha as I don't use that brand. Zooming in on photos is easy to do on an ipad so it's no big deal.

As to the peach fuzz issue, many women do not realize that it's obvious until they see a photo. I remove mine because it is obvious in the sunlight.

Valued Contributor

I love that color on Lisa, she looks pretty!  It's really only up to me if I want to spend that on a lipstick or not.  I enjoy several Chanel colors, Bobbi Brown and Revlon.

Contributor

@Double-D wrote:

I received an email for that opportunity!!  The brand is carried on the Q.  Could it be that good??

Yes. 

Occasional Contributor

Nope! Too many other good lip products to even consider it (Tarte, BE and IT are my faves). For lip treatment, SKINN has the best products  and a reasonable price.

Contributor

I did it without realizing how expensive it was.  It was an I saw it, I like it, in the bag it goes.  It was not until I was reviewing my receipt did I realize how much I paid for it.  I did not love the color on me that $$$ much.  Back it went.  Thank goodness for the very generous return policy of the retailer.  Even with the covented 20% off entire purchase coupon it was still too much.  If it was an I cannot live without OMG it is gorgeous on me and and go to, I would do it (budget permitting).  The reason being is why spend the money (figure anywhere from $18 - $30 each for ones that you are not in love with, so they sit in the cosmetics drawer) and you buy many when you can have a few that you love for about the same and use all the time.  So, depeding on your budget and amoratize the cost over time and the # of lipsticks you have sitting collecting dust, it could be worth it in the end.  i just did not happen to be in love with the 3 that I picked, not enough to spend that much on them.  They are amazing dending on which one you get as the formualas are a little different and I would definitely swatch them as they can look a lot darker on display than they look on your skin. If any one has the card for that retailer there is a 5x points special right now for that brand that just came out in email today.

L

Contributor

I don't feel bad Chynna, I like to try a range of things and I was making really good money at the time I bought one of those lipsticks without checking the price first.  I even choked on the price @ $ 55 then 20% off after I read my receipt at home.  (see other post somewhere around here from me).  At the end of the day depending on budget, there are plenty of lipsticks to choose from.  Brand names aside, the name if that is what ppl are into does not guarantee a great result.  I purchased three of the brand that was topic of this thread and they all went back due to price and the fact that I did not love them on me as much   as I should for that price point.  I think between all of the lines out there, there are some great lipsticks/makeup to be found at all different price points and ladies should not feel bad about buying what looks great on them even if they bought it at the dollar store.  Smiley Happy  I don't like paying full price for anything.  I love nice things, but some things are over priced and not worth it. Some things are worth a splurge, all depends on what you as an individual likej, what looks good on you, what you can budget for, will you get more than a season out of it and, feel is spend worthy.  

i walked into a store the other day at a outlet mall to take a look at a very pretty cardigan that would look amazing with a Bob Mackie maxi dress I just ordered from  the Q (I purchased an H by Halston long cardigan to go with it) but this white one caught my eye.  The fabric was amazing, the fabrication was unbelieveable, I knew immediately once I got insidie the store it was not the type of store that you ask "how much" (or look at the price tag) told that sales woman the cardigan looks like it would be lovely with a dress I just ordered.  She told me I could bring it in and try them on together and I said I would.  I looked at another sweater where the tag was easily visible (and it was beautiful as well and would love to have)  except ummm the original price was well over $1,000 and the outlet price was $675.00.  Needless to say, I will not be shopping there anytime soon.. Not in my budget.  I don't feel bad, it would be nice to be able to afford those things, but such is life.  We can dress ourselves beautifully and do our makeup beautifully without feeling bad about what we pay for things.  Marketinig is just that, marketing to suck us in and make our self esteem  low if we cannot afford the $60 lipstick or the $1,200 sweater.  I say keep them, we are smart savy ladies that know good quality and know how to shop for price and quality and look amazing without breaking the bank!!!!  We also know when we can and want to splurge on something a little special Smiley Happy  My mother taught me to shop sales and clearance at a very young age (I avoid the malls like the plauge now whenever possible)  I only go if I need to or if there is a good reason to (super amazing sale somewhere I like at an outlet store).  BTW great deal on UD lipsticks 1/2 off for those of you that like them.

Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  Do you remember the search terms you used for the mood lipsticks you found on Amazon?

Honored Contributor

@JumperRider wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  Do you remember the search terms you used for the mood lipsticks you found on Amazon?

@JumperRider  When I first started looking, I probably typed in "mood lipstick" or "color changing lipstick".  What I ended up purchasing is called Fran Wilson Mood Matcher Lipstick.

Respected Contributor

For you ladies who like the mood matcher type lipstick I purchased 3 that I love....the Gotta Glow Lip Tint by ELF ($6). Comes in three shades, pink,peach and berry and all are pretty. I got mine at their online store because they are always sold out where I usually shop. You might like them too.

Gotta Glow Lip Tint

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

For you ladies who like the mood matcher type lipstick I purchased 3 that I love....the Gotta Glow Lip Tint by ELF ($6). Comes in three shades, pink,peach and berry and all are pretty. I got mine at their online store because they are always sold out where I usually shop. You might like them too.

Gotta Glow Lip Tint

Darn it, @silkyk, I just swore off of buying anymore lipsticks.  I just pitched a bunch and still have enough to last me a long, long time.  The ELF lipsticks look a little creamier than the ones I got on Amazon.  As I already stated, not all of them that I received in that set from Amazon were winners.  I don't wear any of them regulary, I just bought them for fun last year.  The ELF lipsticks get pretty good reviews for an inexpensive line, don't they.  I just might end up giving in.  Smiley Wink