Honored Contributor

Re: Would You Spend $55.00 for a Tube of Lipstick?

Never.

Honored Contributor

Since I buy maybe 2 lipsticks a year, I feel free to spend a lot on one I really like.  It must be a great shade for me, be something I NEED and have a pretty case--anything from basic Bobbi Brown black case to YSL fancy ones.  It must be pretty on and pretty to look at.  

Valued Contributor

no!

Respected Contributor

The most I ever spent on lipstick was from Models Prefer and it was because it came in a BEAUTIFUL case (with crystals) and was a lovely coral color with gold sparkles. I think it was around $25 and I still have the pretty case. Now if only I could get refills!

Respected Contributor

Why would someone enlarge the photo of her?  Just to see if there was something to pick apart?  And I didn't even notice the dark liner until someone pointed it out, it's a fairly good match IMO.

Valued Contributor

Yes. IF you know what froze over!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

The most I ever spent on lipstick was from Models Prefer and it was because it came in a BEAUTIFUL case (with crystals) and was a lovely coral color with gold sparkles. I think it was around $25 and I still have the pretty case. Now if only I could get refills!

Ok I don't like the color lipstick at all but that casing is gorgeous! Very Renaissance-ish. Love it!

Respected Contributor

Hey HappyDaze...It also came in 2 other lovely colors. You can find these on ebay once in a while. Great lipstick too!

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

Hey HappyDaze...It also came in 2 other lovely colors. You can find these on ebay once in a while. Great lipstick too!

@silkyk okay I LOVE all three! So very pretty. It is a shame you can't get them refilled. Are they a nice heavy weight? They look like they'd be nice and substantial and not cheap and flimsy.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

Ok I don't like the color lipstick at all but that casing is gorgeous! Very Renaissance-ish. Love it!

@HappyDaze

I have that exact case as YBF sold those lipsticks in Canada too. I remember that Stacey S. Suggested refilling the case with any lipstick so that's what I did with an Essence long lasting lipstick in the black case. Essence is sold at Ulta in the U.S. and Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada.   The lipsticks are about $3.50 and made in Italy. I wiggled out the lipstick bullet (in hot weather, refrigerate the lipstick so it's not too soft) and pull it out of the case by wrapping a tissue around the bullet and jiggling it out of the case. The bottom of the lipstick bullet is a bit big for the YBF case so when you put the new bullet in the case there will be excess lipstick to wipe away. Roll down the bullet and it will be fine. You can also go through your existing lipsticks to find one that is similar in size to the case you have and use that.