Esteemed Contributor

Re: Would You Spend $55.00 for a Tube of Lipstick?

I like the Essence brand of long lasting lipsticks in the black cases, they cost under $4 and they are made in Italy. Essence is available at Ulta in the U.S. and Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada. I'm impressed with this european brand of makeup as most of their makeup is made in the E.U. There are some nice blushes and bronzers too.

Honored Contributor

I buy ONLY Lipstick Queen lipsticks and have never spent anywhere near $50 for one. Never in a million years would I ever pay that for lipstick.

Honored Contributor

Oh, no.  I could never do that.  Not unless I won the lottery!  I don't even know if I could do it then.  I am not criticizing anyone who can and does, but I can neither afford to, or want to.  I know how I am with lip products -- very fickle.  Knowing me, I would pay $50 for a tube and then think --- maaaah -- it's not that great -- or I am bored with it!!!  I might go as high as $10 or $12 but that is it.  I prefer to stay under that.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

@MarieIG wrote:

@Susan25  I agree.  I would really have to stretch my imagination to find a circumstance to pay $55 for a lipstick, i.e. all the money would be going to a charity that I wanted to donate to anyway?  Or my mother (who is gone now but was so, so good to me) totally fell in love with a fancy lipstick in one of those fancy type cases and I bought it for her as a gift for Mother's Day.  But for me, no!  I can find very pretty lipsticks for much less.  

(With skin care such as Retin A, I do truly see a difference, and suncreen I consider essential not only for appearance but my family has a history of cancer.)

I agree.  If my mother were alive and wanted a $55 lipstick, I would buy it for her, but I would not buy it for myself.

Paws and enjoy life.
Honored Contributor

@gfpdem wrote:

splurge  on lots of things-but lipstick just isnt one of them for me. Much prefer to have natural lip products on since some always gets ingested. current fav-burts bees lipsticks-and only 9$! win win

Same here. I just got one of the new Burt's Bees lipsticks yesterday & I love how it looks & feels. Not sure how long it will stay on w/o reapplying yet. The shade I got is called Lily Lake. It is kind of a mauve shade.

Honored Contributor

Guilty, but I also buy drugstore brands.

Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono 

What lipstick is Lisa Robertson holding?

Also I zoomed in the photo on my ipad and noticed a lot of peach fuzz on Lisa's chin area. Even if it were someone else, this photo is a good example of why women are removing facial hair with razors or dermaplaning with systems like that Dermaflash sold on QVC. Especially with selfies taken with cell phones with high resolution cameras, peach fuzz can be noticeable.

Honored Contributor

yes, i have paid close to that price for lip gloss......lip fusion xxl .....which is more of a treatment. their lip colors are $38.

i have heard good things about the tom ford lipsticks, but i have not taken the plunge.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

N.O.