Super Contributor

Well, how odd.......but maybe she did not think anyone would see her.........she could have kept walking or pretended to be on her cell phone and just wave. Very rude of her. I go out without makeup since I live in a tiny town but I have lip gloss on and my hair up and some earrings and clean pressed clothing.........people will smile at me so I must not look too bad.

Super Contributor

I don't worry to much about it, but I have been caught off guard before seeing someone I work with in the store or such, but will just joke like "you caught me at my best" if I was that concerned I would be wearing makeup, Very odd to say "don't look at me"

Respected Contributor

Invariably when you look your worst you run into an ex, or someone you'd prefer not to see.

Just like washing your car and it rains.

I try to remember this, but sometimes I'm in too big of a hurry.

Honored Contributor

After reading all the comments here, I think the moral of the story is ...........

When you go out with no make up on, wear BIG DARK SUNGLASSES ..... and be very gracious if you run into someone you know. Cool

Respected Contributor
On 4/13/2014 Fortune said:
On 4/13/2014 myshell624 said:

I have been known to take my dog out in pjs with no makeup and my hair not fixed. I do live in the country and I don't have people just dropping by. Being seen without makeup doesn't bother me and I would never be that rude to a neighbor. Now on the off chance someone did pop by and I was walking my dog in my pjs, I would simply ask them to give me a minute to change.

You take your dog out in pjs with no makeup??? {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Hey, don't judge pj's. Some of us wear cute yoga pants and a tank top- something you would never guess as sleeping attire. Not a nighty! {#emotions_dlg.tt1} You know I'm just playing around with ya, I hope. Smile

Super Contributor

I'm not sure it's vanity as much as insecurity. When I was in my teens (and everybody in the world was looking at and judging me, don't you know) I wouldn't go anywhere without my makeup. Now that I'm comfortable with who I am, I'm not as obsessed with how I look.

Frequent Contributor
Awwwww... This is sad. There could be many reasons for her to react. Maybe she was upset and crying and didn't want anyone to know. Or maybe she was told so many times that she is prettier with makeup that her self worth is tied into it. We all have our quirks. This one is hers.
Frequent Contributor

I think it's lovely really. I've let myself go for so long that I envy her having such femininity.

I lost my Mom 3 years ago. Lost myself then too.

Valued Contributor
The only ones who see me without makeup are hubby and the dog.
Super Contributor

I don't think it was vanity either. It was insecurity. She assumed that you might judge her. Guess what? She was right. You did judge her and posted about her, her "vanity", and her appearance.