QVC Customer Care

Re: Will QVC and /. or Chaz address the class action law suit against Wen products?

Frequent Contributor

Re: Will QVC and /. or Chaz address the class action law suit against Wen products?

No shampoo or cleansing condtioner works for everyone.... Thus the tremendous amount of hair products that are marketed today... There are many different hair types, allergic reactions, proper uses of the products   to be considered. Cleansing conditioners must be thoroughly rinsed off the scalp to prevent clogged follicles . A clean scalp is vital to healthy hair. I too used Wen but discontinued because of build up on my hair and scalp. This doesn't mean the product is defective . It just doesn't work for my hair. I am happy for the Wen users who have continued success with the product and I am very happy that Nick Chavez is now on air as his products work for my fine, color-treated hair.

Honored Contributor

No. Why would they?

Did Mally EVER discuss her issues with her company? Did QVC? What happens behind the scenes stays behind the scenes UNTIL a verdict or a situation changes. You better believe if there is ANY way QVC would lose money due to this suit, they're make changes- just like they did with Mally.

Honored Contributor

@foonfah wrote:

U.S. Food & Drug Administration has just begun to look through the 21,000 complaints received by the manufacturer of Wen conditioner.  Also, the Consumer Affairs website has received over 1,000 reviews, most of which are negative.  Complaints are mainly concerning hair loss, rashes and itching.

I wonder if my complaint is among them? If we're talking GR, then no.

Honored Contributor

will be interesting if the FDA gets involved.

at some point someone will have to say something

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

No. Why would they?

Did Mally EVER discuss her issues with her company? Did QVC? What happens behind the scenes stays behind the scenes UNTIL a verdict or a situation changes. You better believe if there is ANY way QVC would lose money due to this suit, they're make changes- just like they did with Mally.

exactly but Mally wasn't bringing the cash the way Wen is

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

No. Why would they?

exactly but Mally wasn't bringing the cash the way Wen is

Even bigger reason to not say anything: milk the cash cow as long as one can. 

I can see this with IT Cosmetics as well. If NOTHING changes within the brand, fantastic, but if it does... slowly it will go away. However, we're saying this and look at Philosophy; people complain right, left and center about how much it has changed but it's on air a LOT because it's still bringing in the money.

It's all about the money, honey.

Trusted Contributor

QVC hasn't been "saying" anything; however, actions speak louder than words....

If you'll note, all recent presentations of WEN have been done by alternate hosts, those hosts that did not present WEN before, or, shall I say, the 'second string' of hosts.  Pay close attention going forward. 

So in other words, the Q has been addressing this situation just as any business would, professionally - but very cautiously.  They're simply continuing to 'sell in accordance with their contractual obligation.'

Honored Contributor

@sailor_moon wrote:

@Luckylady440 wrote:

I have been a great follower and user of Wen products but I am becoming increasingly concerned about the number of women that are coming forward with claims of hair loss. My hairdresser today suggested that I stop using it for a period of time. I would like to know the truth and if any recent independent lab testing has been done to address such claims?

QVC and Chaz this is serious and I would like to know what is being done to address such concerns and protect the consumers.

Please advise.

Read the bottle!!!

IF ADVERSE REACTION OCCURS, DISCONTINUE USE, AND CONSULT A PHYSICIAN.

@sailor_moon

You would think this would be OBVIOUS ... but I guess not.   Another example of how people just don't think.

For those wondering why neither Chaz nor QVC hasn't said anything ...... no conclusion has been reached.   Duh.

Esteemed Contributor

Wow -I had no idea this was going on.  I do not use Cazes products but my sister does and has been complaining abouther hair falling out.  I need to warn her,,