Frequent Contributor

Will It Cosmetics continue to work with plastic surgeons ?

Since It Cosmetics has sold to Loreal I wonder if they will still be working with plastic surgeons as they develop new products or will the products become a higher priced version of the Loreal products I can get at the drugstore... I hope not. Any thoughts from anyone on this matter ?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Will It Cosmetics continue to work with plastic surgeons ?

my experience with loreal has not been good.  They are the only products that I have ever reacted to and I never use them....so unless this is a different branch or subsidiary it may be good bye to IT for me.

Respected Contributor

Paula of Paula's Choice has products analyzed in a lab and one such IT product was a primer that claimed it had 50 skin loving ingredients in it that came back from the lab showing such small, minuscule amounts of each ingredient it had no positive affect on the skin. In fact, there was no way it could live up to its claims because the amounts were just too small.  So much for consulting with a plastic surgeon or a chemist for that matter.   

Honored Contributor

Since L'Oreal is now the parent company and DOES do animal testing, no more IT cosmetics for me.

A list of companies that DO test on animals here:

http://vidacompassion.org/main/list/company.html

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Lots of Marketing Phrases to 'sing' through your ears.  Believe only half of what you hear.  (old saying)

Trusted Contributor

I never understood what that meant nor did I see the benefit of working with plastic surgeons.  I think it was nothing more than a buzz phrase aimed to sell.

Honored Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

I never understood what that meant nor did I see the benefit of working with plastic surgeons.  I think it was nothing more than a buzz phrase aimed to sell.

Yup......I wondered the same thing.     What would a plastic surgeon have to do with makeup?    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

A plastic surgeon does different procedures with high prices. I don't think they would get into the cosmetic business. They are to busy. 

Trusted Contributor

Probably Jamie consulted with plastic surgeon when she started perfecting her products, but I sincerely doubt she does that now.  I tried her lipstain and wasn't impressed with the long lasting coverage. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My understanding of the "I' speak to plastic surgeons," ploy comes from facelift patients who already had work done and needing skincare that won't irritate their face going forward.