Honored Contributor

Re: Why do the hosts at midnight tell you to hurry

They want you to buy while they are on the air instead of while some other host is on the air.

Honored Contributor

Seriously, does everyone really have no clue that these are skilled sales people? They are not your friends. They just want the money...

Esteemed Contributor

Have you heard Joy Magnano and Shannon Smith on HSN kicking off thier TS....oh, my talk about frenetic sales spiel...listen to them and all the TS will be sold out by the 1am hour...its actually funny to listen to them...and, of course, all the TS is still available by midnight when the new TS starts...

Honored Contributor

I have seen colors and scents sell out within 30 minutes though. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

I've seen it sell out too.  It's rare I buy on impulse these days.  If I already knew I was buying and it was the color I wanted, I would just buy it.  If it doesn't sell out, I don't care. 

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

They want to sell as much as possible when they are on air because they get credit for it and of course they are there to sell, sell, sell! Are they liars, well yeah, that's the nature of the profession, you know it's a profession when they only hire college grads to sell product.LOL

I wouldn't call them liars without proof. And I have no idea whether they all have college degrees.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Because QVC has high sales quotas for the host that's breaking out the TSV that night. Lol.
Honored Contributor

Why not?😄

Esteemed Contributor

Hosts get a credit or some other perks for quantity of items sold during their show???
Valued Contributor

Also can't stand the way they keep telling us about the price....per item.....separately... and easy pay......over and over again.....Tell us about about the product first.

makes me crazy