Super Contributor

Why I love WEN - and some thoughts on negative posts.

Seems like there are always the posts on missing hair. I honestly don't think that WEN when used correctly is going to make your hair fall out. That is my opinion. Some of the negative posts scared me off a product that I love and has done wonders for my hair. I have been using WEN exclusively for about 4 months now.

I will agree that WEN is not for everyone. It can be argued that it is expensive. For me I do not find that to be true because I only need to wash once for perfect results and I no longer have to wash my hair every day. I wash every other day now.

I have learned that it is a litte more time consuming, but the lovely scents make that a Spa like experience for me, but rinsing for two full minutes is not for everyone and I have found that to be really important. For me at least, it will cause some build up on my scalp and flakes if I don't. I am sure that alot of the hair loss some talk about may be due to build up of product blocking hair follicles.

Anyway here is what WEN has done for my thin, lifeless, middle aged color treated hair.

I have never had anything but fine limp hair. Now I have body and shine.

I have gone through menopause and have zip hormones and take none. At a time when i would expect my hair to thin, it is looking better than it did even in my teens.

I used to have hair that was so oily on top and dry on the bottom. I needed to wash everyday otherwise the top looked like a greasy smelly mess. WEN has stopped my scalp from over producing oils and that is completely solved. I only need to wash every other day now, and truth be told I have actually gone three days! I just don't like to!

I used to have very frizzy hair, especially around the scalp now it lays flat, even when I air dry.

It used to a real struggle to comb through my hair, without a conditioner I was downright afraid and the conditioners made the top of my hair limp and like seaweed on a rock. No problem now, and lots less breakage and no limp look!

I never used to get compliments on my hair. Now I do all the time, I have people ask who does my hair and what products I use.

So if some of us are passionate about WEN that is why. I realize that it is only hair. But hair is important to us. One of the most difficult things that my friends who have survived breast cancer is the loss of their hair. At a time when they are worried about dying to lose all hair and feel miserable at the same time due to chemo is just devasting. Even WEN won't help that, but we manage to make wig shopping a fun day out and they feel better. I know that WEN isn't a cure for cancer, or a solution to world hunger but our hair is our crowning glory. I have all sympathy for anyone who has lost their hair for any reason at all, but in my humble opinion it isn't WEN. My WEN advice is just to rinse really well.

As to hair looking like the models, yes, it can! Mine does. I am also really good with a blow dryer. That takes time and there are lots of tutorials out there. Who hasn't had their hair look better straight out of a salon with someone styling it! They are professionals, but with practice if I can do it so can you! My hair is shy of model perfect when I air dry, but it still looks really good!

Just because some of us really like WEN doesn't mean that we have lost touch with reality. We just like the product and like to talk about it. I agree that everyone is intitled to their opinion but dang some of those posts frightened the $))@(*YU*#! out of me. JMHO, WEN works like a small miracle for me and I am excited to see what my hair will look like after a couple more years of use.