Respected Contributor

Re: Why I dislike loose powder makeup

I have never had a problem with loose mineral foundation making a mess. I use BM & use very little on the lid & then if I want to build on it, I just apply the same way. It is the most natural looking powder I have used & if they can possibly come up with a compact version that can give the same look then yes, I would switch only because it would be quicker, but I have yet to find one that works as well. 

Respected Contributor

I've been using Bare Minerals for at lea 15years and never had any issues with it. I also travel with it all the time, as I'm a flight attendant. I don't pour a bit in the lid like they show on tv. I turn the jar upside down then when it's rightside up, tap on the lid to get rid of the excess. Then there's just enough in the lid wjen you take the top off. I will say that I hate the sifters that they have now. Too hard to take tjen out when you want to use every last drop!
Respected Contributor

@MarthaStewardess You can get the last drop. Ths sifter is removable just with a butter knife.

Honored Contributor

I stopped using loose powder years ago because of the mess. 

Esteemed Contributor

Although it could be messy at times, the main reason I stopped using mineral foundation was because it accentuated fine lines and pores that I never even knew I had.  (I was in my late 20s/early 30s.)   I still try the mineral blush every once in a while, but no plans to go back to the foundation.

Honored Contributor

Have you ever tried the Clorox Bleach Pen Gel? I used it on my silicone grout around my sink and tub, leave it on overnight then rinse. It's a gel and stays where you put it.  My grout is nice and white again. @TY

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Have you ever tried the Clorox Bleach Pen Gel? I used it on my silicone grout around my sink and tub, leave it on overnight then rinse. It's a gel and stays where you put it.  My grout is nice and white again. @TY

@SilleeMee

I did try the Tide to Go pen but it didn't work. Oh well, at least I tried. I will look for a Clorox bleach pen gel to see if that will work. I think it's a good idea for the grout around the tub edge and I'll give it a try.

Respected Contributor

me when I try loose powder, had to go back to liquidImage result for funny lady covered in flour gif

Regular Contributor

Coconut oil? Or any kind of makeup remover? 

Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Honored Contributor

I tried loose mineral powder makeup when Bare Minerals was all the craze on the Q years ago. It didn't work for me. It didn't make my skin look better or more natural. It accentuated my pores terribly. It never covered my acne like it did in the pictures even with the "special" concealer powder and brush. Glad it works for some, because we all love it when we find a great foundation, but it's not for me.