Respected Contributor

Re: Who Else Loves L'oreal True Match Foundation?

I like the one with the serum in it.  It took away the huge sun spot on my cheek  

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@doglover3 wrote:

I started a thread asking which to get, CG luminous or L'Oreal Tru Match lumi, tru match it was so, Saturday I am going to get one for myself.

I just hate paying $40 for a foundation anymore.

I have dry mature skin and in Mally defender  I wear  light/medium but wore light in IT CC and bare shell in BE serum foundation so, am sort of thinking #2 or #3 in either neutral or cool. I do need and like a bit of color but not one that is noticeable along the jaw line so, try to get a decent match while still giving me a bit of color.

I know I am not warm so either neutral or cool.

I used to get the cool 3 because i am a very fair natural redhead, but tried the neutral when I had a tan and liked it better. Now I use the neutral 3 and it is perfect. You can buy their mineral powder and use it as a setting powder for the liquid foundation or by itself as foundation as well.

I did pick up the n3 and love it. It is the perfect shade for me thank goodness since I got it at a local Walmart and around here anyway they don't take back any opened cosmetics so, I was very lucky n3 is perfect for me.

I put it on around 4 PM Sunday and it is now 4:30 AM Monday morning and it looks exactly the same as it did when I put it on.

Trusted Contributor

There are honestly not enough wonderful things I could say about the True Match Lumi foundation!!  In my 62 years, I have tried MANY foundations from very high end to cheapy, trying to find the holy grail of foundation for my skin.  I found the Lumi foundation about 2 years ago and haven't looked back!  Took me a couple tries to find the right color, but once I did........BINGO!  I don't know what I'll do when they discontinue this!!  :-(   And believe me...sooner or later......L'Oreal  always discontinues popular cosmetics for some totally stupid unknown reason!   Right now I'm stacked up with 5 back-up bottles!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@doglover3 wrote:

I started a thread asking which to get, CG luminous or L'Oreal Tru Match lumi, tru match it was so, Saturday I am going to get one for myself.

I have dry mature skin and in Mally defender  I wear  light/medium but wore light in IT CC and bare shell in BE serum foundation so, am sort of thinking #2 or #3 in either neutral or cool. I do need and like a bit of color but not one that is noticeable along the jaw line so, try to get a decent match while still giving me a bit of color.

I used to get the cool 3 because i am a very fair natural redhead, but tried the neutral when I had a tan and liked it better. Now I use the neutral 3 and it is perfect. You can buy their mineral powder and use it as a setting powder for the liquid foundation or by itself as foundation as well.

I did pick up the n3 and love it. It is the perfect shade for me thank goodness since I got it at a local Walmart and around here anyway they don't take back any opened cosmetics so, I was very lucky n3 is perfect for me.

I put it on around 4 PM Sunday and it is now 4:30 AM Monday morning and it looks exactly the same as it did when I put it on.

Sounds like we have the same coloring. Try the rose blush _ I really like it.

Occasional Contributor

I remember Lancome used to have a product called Color Ideal.  It came out around the same time L'Oreal's True Match debuted, and since they're sister companies, I always assumed they were comparable products.  In any event, Color Ideal was discontinued which seriously bummed me out.  I think it was one of their best products.  I eventually moved on to Teint Idole Ultra, but it's not working for me.  Perhaps I should give True Match a try since everyone here seems to love it.  Lots cheaper too!

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@doglover3 wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@doglover3 wrote:

Sounds like we have the same coloring. Try the rose blush _ I really like it.

thank you 151949 I will look for the rose blush and give it a try. Yes, we may have about the same coloring since we     get the same n3 and works well. Rose blush sounds like a great color, thanks again.

Respected Contributor

@Ghee Buttersnaps wrote:

I remember Lancome used to have a product called Color Ideal.  It came out around the same time L'Oreal's True Match debuted, and since they're sister companies, I always assumed they were comparable products.  In any event, Color Ideal was discontinued which seriously bummed me out.  I think it was one of their best products.  I eventually moved on to Teint Idole Ultra, but it's not working for me.  Perhaps I should give True Match a try since everyone here seems to love it.  Lots cheaper too!

Yes Ghee Buttersnaps, do give this one a try. I used both BE serum foundation than Mally Defender and really like both, prefer the Mally Defender though over the BE serum foundation but since finding this I can say I like this just as much as my Mally Defender and is sure a lot cheaper so, very glad so many recommended this one and that I gave it a try, really do like it.