Valued Contributor

Re: Which perfume are you wearing for the holidays?

Hi @HappyDaze & @sister golden hair:  I think finding a cruelty free fragrance brand has been the most difficult switch of all. I do like Pacifica too I love their shampoo & conditioner as well as body washes and lotion . Their fragrances are lovely especially Persian Rose unfortunately they dont have staying power on me

Esteemed Contributor

I don't change my fragrances just because it's winter or the holidays. Currently I am wearing Aquolina Pink Sugar or Lise Watier Vent du Sud or Nest Paradise. All are lightweight "summer" fragrances.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My mother wore Joy.  I have two unopened boxes and I no longer purchase it.  Perhaps, since I already have it, I'll open for the Christmas holidays.  This fragrance and Arpege (my father bought for me as a teenager) have sentimental meanings.  I now only purchase cruelty free and I love (and receive many compliments) Pacifica.  I frequently layer...and I love that I can smell their lovely fragrances on me all day.

@1Professor wrote:

December is a holiday month, all the way to New Year's Eve.   

Which perfume gives you a holiday lift? 

This month I'm wearing JOY. Because.

Trusted Contributor

Fracas and Carven L'Absolu  Butterfly from Hanie Mori

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

Tom Ford Velvet Orchid

@winamac1:

Looked it up, sounds delicious!

maxresdefault.jpg

The new feminine perfume creation from designer Tom Ford is called Velvet Orchid as an association of the most popular vamp fragrance of this house Black Orchid that was launched in 2006. The new version Velvet Orchid comes out in 2014 and carries on the legacy of bold and glamorous floral signature that promises a unique character, atmosphere and experience of the scent.

The fragrance opens itself with bergamot, mandarin, Succan absolute (purified rum extract) and honey. At the core of this creation (made of "corporeal floral notes.") is Tom Ford's distinctive, “timeless” signature - an imaginary accord of black orchid blended with notes of velvet orchid, which gives the perfume its name, with intense Turkish rose oil and jasmine and a new accord of purple orchid that grows in the wilds of southern Brazilian coast. There are also additional floral notes of orange blossom, rose absolute, narcissus, hyacinth and heliotrope. The base is warm due to the rich flavors of Peru balsam, myrrh, labdanum, sandalwood, suede and vanilla.

Honored Contributor

@1Professor wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

Tom Ford Velvet Orchid

@winamac1:

Looked it up, sounds delicious!

maxresdefault.jpg

The new feminine perfume creation from designer Tom Ford is called Velvet Orchid as an association of the most popular vamp fragrance of this house Black Orchid that was launched in 2006. The new version Velvet Orchid comes out in 2014 and carries on the legacy of bold and glamorous floral signature that promises a unique character, atmosphere and experience of the scent.

The fragrance opens itself with bergamot, mandarin, Succan absolute (purified rum extract) and honey. At the core of this creation (made of "corporeal floral notes.") is Tom Ford's distinctive, “timeless” signature - an imaginary accord of black orchid blended with notes of velvet orchid, which gives the perfume its name, with intense Turkish rose oil and jasmine and a new accord of purple orchid that grows in the wilds of southern Brazilian coast. There are also additional floral notes of orange blossom, rose absolute, narcissus, hyacinth and heliotrope. The base is warm due to the rich flavors of Peru balsam, myrrh, labdanum, sandalwood, suede and vanilla.

I get at least one compliment every time I wear this.  I rarely get compliments on my fragrance-flowerbomb only one time I think--but I love flowerbomb.   I am amazed at the women who love Velvet Orchid on me and compliment.  

Black Orchid smells GREAT on my friends and my sister, but I get a headache when I, personally, wear it.  It's heavier. 

I mainly wear VO in the fall/winter.  It's lovely!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I have 3 for right now:

If I want something stronger, I rely on Heaven Sent, an old favorite I found in a drugstore!

Mid level: Merry Merry, a mix of winter berries and magnolia. This was a gift from DD when she worked at VS during college. I think you can still get it, but it was LE at VS.

I'm around someone frequently now who can't take strong fragrances. So most of the time I'm wearing Josie Maran's Sweet Holly. That doesn't bother her. I can smell it. Even now, after putting it on over 12 hours ago, I can smell it faintly. Love this! Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Jo Malone is  wonderful  for  layering! Currently mixing Wood, Sage&sea salt with Peony&Suede Blush, Blackberry&Bay with Pomegranate  Noir (amazing!). And Pacifica makes affordable, great smelling, trust scents like French lilac, Island Vanilla. Amazing Grace still can't  give up even with the weaker formula.

Honored Contributor

These Jo Malone fragrances sound interesting. Where can I find them? I I just today got my order from fragrance net. picked up something for my husband and some roller balls and small containers. I bought both Vera Wang Embrace fragrances: green tea and pear ( lovely), which I had already tried, and the Periwinkle and Iris. I also got 2 of the Pitbull woman;one for me, one for somebody else but I haven't decided who yet.Fyi the shipping was free and I received a couple of samples and a compact mirror for my purse
Valued Contributor

Nordstrom's  is  great with giving out samples  of Jo  Malone to try! if I really like one, I will order from jomalone.come  (deluxe samples in all orders). The Vera Wang perfume sounds nice too!