Valued Contributor

Where Have All the Posters Gone?????

Seems to me that with the new format there is much less posting going on.  Fewer new messages and much fewer replies.  I really don't think this has improved the former Beauty Banter site at all.  Used to be lots of activity and lots of tips traded.  QVC I think you blew it.

Respected Contributor

Re: Where Have All the Posters Gone?????

I don't know if the format is killing this board or if it's the extreme censorship.  I think there's less activity and fewer responses to posts because we can't discuss anything that matters to anyone.  Apparently, the board is now limited to discussing QVC products and recipes.  We can't discuss current events, we can't discuss news stories of the day, we can't even comment on someone's post unless are comments are all lovey-dovey; it you happen disagree too strongly, the moderators yank the post.  And it's all totally subjective.  I think some of the people who liked discussing something other than Linea and WEN have just dropped out. 

Respected Contributor

I wonder if summertime and kids being out of school

may have taken posters in different directions. The boards 

usually do slow down when the weather warms up.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I don't know if the format is killing this board or if it's the extreme censorship.  I think there's less activity and fewer responses to posts because we can't discuss anything that matters to anyone.  Apparently, the board is now limited to discussing QVC products and recipes.  We can't discuss current events, we can't discuss news stories of the day, we can't even comment on someone's post unless are comments are all lovey-dovey; it you happen disagree too strongly, the moderators yank the post.  And it's all totally subjective.  I think some of the people who liked discussing something other than Linea and WEN have just dropped out. 

You can discuss other topics than QVC. Look at the Skinn Cosmetics thread (sold on Evine not the Q). I think many people think it's much more confusing (which is it is, not user-friendly at all and this is coming from someone who knows quite a bit about HTML). Also I've seen many people say they have had to redo their nicknames, losing all of their previous posts & posts count (some in the thousands). They definitely need to retweak it..starting with these emojis. LOLCat Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Well, this is a rare thing with Chrystaltree, but ITA!

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

A variety of reasons, no doubt.

They've all gone to My Favorite Brand cite, everybody is totally happy with what they're already using, nothing really neat & interesting coming out on QVC programming, and really, there's not much reason to buy or discuss new products. Finally, nobody is asking things too much. Besides, we've already discussed it all (it seems) over & over.

Respected Contributor

I can't speak for anyone else, but the reason I'm not posting (or reading for that matter) is the new format of this forum. Not user friendly at all.

I used to check in everyday, mostly to the beauty forum, but not anymore. Horrible format without the sub categories......among other things!!

Respected Contributor

I'm not here much either, and I did love coming to read all the Beauty Threads.  I know that things change, and we need to change with it, but IMO this is not good one.  SIGH.........

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

I think some people did just give up after the poor implementation of the new forums. Only time will tell if they return or not.

Trusted Contributor

I believe it's a combination of a few things.  One, the new format.  Many really seem to dislike it.  Two, the moderators - the only things allowed anymore are telling everyone how nice everything is and wishing others a great day.