Super Contributor

What's your favorite setting powder and why?

I've never been one to wear powder because my skin is on the dry side. Now I use Paulas Choice bha 2% body treatment on my face and my skin looks a lot better. I've been wearing bye bye under eye as a light foundation and I'm loving it. But I do believe it needs to be set with some power. What do you recommend?
Respected Contributor

Re: What's your favorite setting powder and why?

I now use Bye Bye Pores. Used to use BE but as I've aged it made my skin appear drier than it is. IT products seem to work for me now.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Valued Contributor

I don't know if this is considered a setting powder per se, but I pulled something out of my stash a few weeks ago and i've been happy with it. It's the Rimmel Stay Matte powder (compact-type, with clear lid). I don't need a lot, b/c I tend t be dry. But sometimes my nose gets shiny. I've been using a little after I use the Bare Minerals Complexion rescue and I've been very happy with it. 

Amazing what one can find in their own stash!

Trusted Contributor

I purchased Urban Decay Deslick powder last weekend and I am loving it.  I use it both for setting concealer (I don't wear foundation) and to matte down shiny areas.  I also use it for touch ups during the day.  It's basically colorless with just the slightest lavender cast (you can barely see it), but it goes on completely translucent and doesn't leave my face with a white cast the way some of the other colorless powders (e.l.f., Makeup Forever, Laura Mercier) did.

Honored Contributor

NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder is my favorite. I have the pressed version, but it comes in pressed and loose. I apply mine with a Real Techniques sponge.

Esteemed Contributor

I use Bobbi Brown's translucent finishing powder. It's so sheer and light you can hardly tell that you are applying it. Makes my skin look better than it is. It isn't matt and dull but it isn't glittery or shiny. You skin just looks healthy.

I also purchased her illuminizing brick. It's the best that I have found for my skin to give it that something  extra on those days that I need it.  Works wonders.   

Respected Contributor

I've been using Maybelline---I think it's called Shine-Free--loose powder and like it well enough to have bought another jar now that I've almost finished the 1st. It's very light, matte-but-not-flat, and really helps keep the shine down in my t-zone. It's also very inexpensive. I rarely apply powder after finishing my makeup for the day, just blot with a tissue.