Honored Contributor

Re: What's the best "beauty" tip/advice you've ever gotten?

The best tip was from my aunt who encouraged me in my teens to start wearing face moisturizer with SPF. I thought it was unnecessary because I had oily acne prone skin, but 40 years later, I am glad I listened.  My mom was a seamstress, and she always encouraged me to use a full length mirror to check my outfit.  Both my mom and aunt are gone. I miss them terribly, but I still remember their words of wisdom (and I have the recipes of the yummy sweets they made from scratch). 

Regular Contributor

Best beauty tp: beauty starts on the inside. what you eat, being grateful, getting enough sleep,  and drinking lots and lots of water. when you practice being a beautiful "being" your beauty shines out and any product/cleansing regime will look good!

Honored Contributor

I really resented my mother and sister for making me wear those utilitarian brassieres when I was young but now that I'm old, I understand why they insisted on them.

Choose the right foundation.  Think support.  Might not be the prettiest item in your drawer, but it will make a difference.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Edited to remove my pic. Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee

lol

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne,

Thanks.Woman LOL pic's not long for this world. 

Super Contributor

JLF, what exfoliating products do you recommend?

Respected Contributor

Hello, Jacie. Smiley Happy

A good tip is don't brush your hair too roughly. If you do, you'll yank out the healthy hair.

And Nick Chavez says don't just wash your hair, wash your scalp too. Because clean scalp is clean hair.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

I can think of 2 things that I appreciated getting advice about.

One was listening to Laura Geller tell everyone to tap in concealer at that inner corner of the eye, instead of brush it in or rubbing it in. Works like a charm!!

The other thing was very recently, when a lovely Philosophy associate at Ulta, was working on my daughter with new foundation (so gorgeous) and she said that you should exfoliate 2x a week, even tho you use a Clarisonic daily. I was under the impression that the Mia did exfoliate but it CLEANS, not exfoliates. I have started following that and what a huge difference that routine makes. I thought my  skincare/ makeup was doing a good job after using just the Mia but, WOW, now I can really tell a difference

Honored Contributor

From Mom:

"Eat your fruit & vegetables!!"

All those vitamins/minerals & chlorophyll,

I 'eat' my skincare,

I 'eat' my sunscreen,

I 'eat' my makeup.

Meaning....

I have balanced, moist skin (no need for copious amounts of skincare),

I don't wear sunscreen & never burn (sunscreen), and 

I have even, translucent skin (no makeup).

And, of course, weight & good health is maintained with Fruit/Vegetables.