QVC Customer Care

Re: What's everyone's favorite fragrance these days?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trix wrote:

I really enjoy Nest fragrances these days.  Dahlia and Vines is my favorite, but I'm not shy about mixing things to create my own unique scent.  Another favorite which I thank ladies on this board for recommending is Paul Smith's Rose.  I love a one note floral and Mr. Smith's is that, but done with a modern twist so that it doesn't smell like my grandmother's lingerie drawer sachets.  That granny comment isn't a slight to older ladies.  I'm over 60, so my grandmother's rose sachets would indeed be those strong things that harken back to the early 20th Century.

I'm actually really enjoying a few NEST roller balls I got as a present-dahlia and vines and verde I believe the name is. I am not a fan of some of the other NEST fragrances but these ones really mesh well with my body chemistry. I am not a perfume wearer normally either. The verde is a very fresh and slightly green scent on me and not too strong. I especially like to wear it layered over a particular  body lotion I have-the two together just smell fabulous. My hubby always compliments me on it every time I wear it as he hugs me (and seems to hug me more often when I wear it 😻) and he doesn't like most perfumes. 

Respected Contributor

@TY wrote:

I recently bought Paradise by Nest at Sephora. I don't think QVC carries this Nest fragrance. I bought the rollerball version.

I wish it would last longer though, the scent doesn't last more than an hour. It smells like mandarin oranges but isn't sickly sweet like some orange scents.

TY1..    I did as well.   Love, but also wish it lasted longer.  Have a little sample in my office as well when I need a scent fix! 

Honored Contributor

Dahlia and Vines.

Occasional Contributor

I like a variety of fragrances. My favorite is still Amazing Grace.

Respected Contributor

I always have Clinique's Happy but for evening and winter I wear a heavyier perfume. I like to wear TOVA nights, or J'adore.

If I take a bath at night I like to start with Philosophy's Fresh Cream B&B, then use the body butter, use the Fresh Cream Spritz and top it off with FC perfume. It all smells good!

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Trusted Contributor

ALLISWELL:  IS THE ROSE ESSENTIALLE A SOFT ROSE FRAGRANCE?  I LOVE TRUE ROSE FRAGRANCE, BUT MOST OF THEM SEEM QUITE OVERPOWERING.  THANKS!

Honored Contributor

When he first came to QVC, Bob Mackie sold a scent that I really liked.  Now I prefer Tova.

Trusted Contributor

I find it very interesting that so many of you have a wardrobe of fragrances!  I wonder how many fragrances you have that fall into the same family of fragrance like, florals, fruits, spice, etc. 

I have not worn fragrance for years!  It isn't that I don't want to, but I haven't found a fragrance that I can wear all day without the scent starting to "bother" me.  As if, I don't want to smell it any longer.  Having said that, the one fragrance I wore for years and years, was Clinique Aromatics Elixir, which if not used carefully, can be very strong.  I got so many compliments on that, everywhere I went.  When my now grown children smell it on someone, they tell me they remember me always smelling that way when they were little.

One day, I was picking my children up from school and as I was pulling away from the school, I noticed my two rear tires had gone flat!  I called a tow truck and as I was telling him where to take my car, he stopped me and told me I smelled very nice?!  My kids thought that was so weird.

I had a friend drive the kids andI to the tire store when my car was finished.  I was paying my bill and the guy at the register asked me what perfume I was wearing?!  The tow truck driver and the tire store guy, within 3 hours of each other?!  My son, six years old at the time, asked me if all of the "strange" men I met told me they liked my perfume.   Smiley Happy

After that time, I was ill for quite a few years and that's when I stopped wearing fragrance.  A couple of years ago, I tried a bottle of the Aromatics Elixir and it didn't smell the same on me at all as it once did.  I was really surprised.  Could my "nose" have changed that much over the years?  I take several medications now that I didn't before.  Could medicines cause a change in my body or sense of smell that weren't there so many years ago?

I've often wondered.  So, yet today, I miss wearing fragrance so much, but haven't found anything that smells nice to me for very long.  

Have any of you had the same experience?  

Trusted Contributor

I have two I've been crushing on lately: Tom Form Mandarino di Amalfi & Jo Malone Cardamon & Mimosa.

Descriptions: Mandarino di Amalfi is an effervescent, textured, luminous private blend that captures the calm idyll of the whitewashed villas dotting the cliff sides of Amalfi. Citrus fruits waft their aroma with a tonic-like effect and evening comes on with a warm breeze of night-blooming flowers. The air is scented with mint, thyme and wildflowers.

Jo Malone Mimosa & Cardamom Cologne is fragranced with mists of honeyed, golden mimosa that float above the spiciness of freshly crushed cardamom. Creamy tonka and smooth sandalwood woven under powdery heliotrope and Damask rose picked at dawn. Warm, ethereal and mesmerizing.

Notes: mimosa, cardamom, tonka bean, sandalwood, heliotrope, Damask rose.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!