Super Contributor

What's a good skin care line to get your teen started with?

Any suggestions on a good skincare line (drugstore is fine too) to start your teen on to keep there skin in good shape?

Contributor

Re: What's a good skin care line to get your teen started with?

I gave my 15 yr old JM Argan Oil. She washes with Purity then puts the oil very lightly on her face and around her eyes. She rarely wears make-up (her choice) but I gave her Bare Minerals to use for special occasions. She doesn't need concealer but does use an eye pencil for the raccoon eyes that kids seem to like. She has lipsticks and glosses but prefers a lip balm only. In the summer I preach the use of sunscreen. In the winter she is rarely outside so I let it slide.

Respected Contributor

Clinique is what I used for my DD; she began to incorporate some d/s as she grew older (and cheaper).

Honored Contributor

I have my 15 yr old grand daughter in Clinique, granted she may not use nightly but she is beginning to understand the importance of good skin care. I just got her her the 2nd round of the 3 step program

Respected Contributor

A gentle cleanser and sunscreen. PURPOSE has a gentle cleansing wash and a moisturizer with sunscreen.

Super Contributor

Paula's Choice has excellent products at reasonable prices. She also often has sales, free shipping etc. Her Skin Balancing line is wonderful for combo/oily skin, or she makes a Clear line that is for acne-prone skin. After Philosophy's Purity destroyed my skin with it's irritating and drying ingredients Paula's Choice repaired it and I've never strayed. I bought the Clear line for my teenage nephew and his skin looks amazing. Good stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with maestra Clinique is a great first skin care line
Respected Contributor

1.) Don't wear make up!

2.) Purpose cleaner, and purpose oil free moisturizer. Purpose is straightforward, gentle, and a simple two step process. This way she doesn't get bogged down in all those products and steps that she feels she doesn't have time to wash each night/day. If she needs an exfoliator, Clean and Clear make a blackhead scrub that is gentle and works.

3.)K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple Sweetie!

4.) Don't wear make up!

Honored Contributor

Neutrogena, Clinique, or Paula's Choice and in that order. I would also add in some masks my Origins.

Neutrogena is budget friendly and available at most grocery or drugstores, which is nice.

Clinique is great and still affordable for many teens and can be used as a splurge for a few items with more Neutrogena products. It's available at most department stores and most Sephoras. Clinique has a great Acne line which I've used as an adult.

Origins is also good and available in boutiques, Macy's stores, and some Sephora stores. For a teen who may be dealing with acne, they make some great masks. I like Out of Trouble and Clear Improvement. Those can be incorporated into any routine with any other products.

Paula's Choice is also great, but it's all mail order. It's harder to stick to something if it's not easy to get or you have to plan in advance to place an order before you run out. If she's new to skincare and you want her to get something she will stick to, it might be good to get things that are locally available.

Trusted Contributor

My personal opinion is Sheisado Pureness line. But have the SA evaluate her/his skin to determine what products should be used.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!