Honored Contributor

Re: What mascara do you like from the Drugstore?

Mascara is one product where I stick with my Holy Grail, They're Real by Benefit.  Lipstick and anything else from D.S. I like experimenting with, any and all of it. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Another vote for L'Oreal Voluminous

Honored Contributor

I think I again am odd woman out-i didn't like the Jordana ones at all, even the much raved about black tube with purple lettering. I tried it a few years back and since then they've reformulated it and many who loved it no longer do but I didn't like it before then. Maybe I should try it again now that it has been reformulated since I am the opposite of everyone usually and will now probably love it, lol!

Esteemed Contributor

Walgreens.com and Target.....I like Boots prodcts, especially their #7 facial creams. I buy from Walgreen's online when they have their fairly frequent online sales. Sign up on their website to get their emails.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've tried quite a few Drugstore mascaras.  Only waterproof because they hold a curl.  I've had the best outcome with Maybelline Sensational Lash Waterproof on my upper lashes and CoverGirl LashBlast Lengthening Waterproof on the bottom.  

Others that are pretty close are L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes WP, Maybelline Rocket WP (especially if you want volume over length), Maybelline Falsies WP.  

I only buy drugstore mascaras now.  There are so many high quality options that it doesn't make sense for me to spend more.  I do use high end products in other categories at times, but mascara...love the lower cost options!

Trusted Contributor

I don't think the OP said specifically that she wanted 'waterproof' mascara.  I can't use any brand of 'waterproof' mascara, whatever ingredient that makes it resistant to water or tears irritates my eyes terribly.

I have used both high end and drugstore brand mascaras off and on ever since I started wearig mascara and quite frankly couldn't find any difference at all.  Excuse me, I did use MAC PLush mascara for a few years and LOVED it, but it was discontinued.

I think there are some good and some poor high end mascaras,( Estee Lauder is HORRIBLE)  and some good and poor drugstore mascaras (TERRIBLE LUCK WITH PF)  I have been using Maybelline's Full n' Soft and I like it!

Respected Contributor

Wet n Wild Max Volume Plus!  Doesn't bother my eyes and it doesn't make my lashes crunchy. No flaking or smudging and it's the only drugstore mascara that I've repeatedly bought. Pacifica is great too. all natural, but I can only find it online and Ulta online. 

Trusted Contributor

@I like celery Hi. I'll read off the label of the Boots 7 - maximum volume ( it doesn't volumize my lashes ,but it lengthens. The tube is a shiney metallic dark purple tube ).

I've used L'Oreal and the fibers in the mascara get in my eyes. 

I use Boots because I feel it. But Jordana is very good as well. When I want to look like I have the lashes from years ago I use Too Faced Better Than S#x. One coar brings meood luck in your search.