Respected Contributor

Re: What is up with Mally now?

Have you tried her website?  I've bought her stuff on eBay too.  I love her black liner.  And her "Mally's Glow" eye shadow.  

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I was just thinking about her today, wondering when she will be on next or if QVC is phasing her out. It is really a shame what happened to her company.

It seems on QVC and other stations,  a certain brand will be the darling of the station for a certain amount of time and then they move on to the next. I mean there are so many products out there I guess it has to be like that. I remember when you could not turn on the TV without Bare Minerals and Leslie being on every hour. I don't ever see her anymore, is she not the owner or rep? I have to say I rarely watch anymore though so maybe that is the problem. lol! The same with philosophy and Christina Carlino, though they didn't disappear like some do. I also remember Michael Maron with Mojave Magic. Does anyone else remember him or I am just really really old! He had that powder that had water in it. Before Kevyn Aucoin he was the man! He did some amazing corrective makeup on burn survivors and others with a need for serious corrective type of makeup. I love watching those type of makeovers because they are so transformative for those ladies. He was truly a talent. I think he was even a makeup consultant for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Occasional Contributor

Mojave Magic was the very first item I ever purchased from QVC!  I seem to remember a blush/bronzer duo and a lipstick that was in every kit and looked great.

Esteemed Contributor

Mally's products were so amazing.... did Q have a hand in the quality dropping and then dropped her.  I miss her mascara, liners and yellow jar stuff. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

I was just thinking about her today, wondering when she will be on next or if QVC is phasing her out. It is really a shame what happened to her company.

It seems on QVC and other stations,  a certain brand will be the darling of the station for a certain amount of time and then they move on to the next. I mean there are so many products out there I guess it has to be like that. I remember when you could not turn on the TV without Bare Minerals and Leslie being on every hour. I don't ever see her anymore, is she not the owner or rep? I have to say I rarely watch anymore though so maybe that is the problem. lol! The same with philosophy and Christina Carlino, though they didn't disappear like some do. I also remember Michael Maron with Mojave Magic. Does anyone else remember him or I am just really really old! He had that powder that had water in it. Before Kevyn Aucoin he was the man! He did some amazing corrective makeup on burn survivors and others with a need for serious corrective type of makeup. I love watching those type of makeovers because they are so transformative for those ladies. He was truly a talent. I think he was even a makeup consultant for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. 

Leslie left bareMinerals, @Irshgrl31201

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

Mally's products were so amazing.... did Q have a hand in the quality dropping and then dropped her.  I miss her mascara, liners and yellow jar stuff. 

no @hopi you can blame Mally and her company for that since, for whatever reason, she filed bankruptcy and had to sell the company. Once the company sold, the new company has changed many of the formulas of even the beloved, iconic Mally products, like the mascara, shadow sticks, etc. I will be curious to see if the face defender changes.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@hopi wrote:

no @hopi you can blame Mally and her company for that since, for whatever reason, she filed bankruptcy and had to sell the company. Once the company sold, the new company has changed many of the formulas of even the beloved, iconic Mally products, like the mascara, shadow sticks, etc. I will be curious to see if the face defender changes.

--------------

I stocked up on Face Defender when I thought it was going away.  For some reason I recently decided to check where each compact was made and discovered that I have two from China rather than Italy.  I've started one of them and did a comparison with what was left from the Italy-made compact.  There seems to be a definite difference in how the product applies on the sponge, which is the same thankfully.  The sponge has always glided easily over the product, but not so much with the newer one--the product sort of "pills"  if I'm not careful although I have learned how to apply just the right amount of pressure for better application. I don't see a whole lot of difference in performance however. I wish I knew of a powder that can do what this does-my shine comes from sunscreen and I can't go without that.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sadly, after her last tsv that I sent back, I no longer trust her or her products. The powder makeup was supposed to become creamy on application. It did not. I felt deceived.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning